4 gremlins 2 lifesize «characters» busts!

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

batgremlin

Here are pics of my latest «fan» Gremlins project: a set of 4 «character gremlins» busts from Gremlins 2. Fragile, latex production-used Lenny, George and Daffy «paint test» busts have carefully been recast (Mohawk was cast from an original Kaiyodo kit), in durable polyfoam - as this is meant as a preservation project.
George’s ears are production-used prototype ears, as I couldn’t find original ones - but they’re pretty close. Daffy’s and Mohawk’s teeth have been resculpted.
I have tried to match the original paint job as close as possible - a long analysis of the references I had was necessary, to decompose the paint layers one by one, then to custom recreate the exact colours drop after drop - especially tricky for Mohawk and George. Brian Penikas, Steve Wang… did really crazy paint designs at the time.
Enjoy the pics… and a few making of ones!

Attachments

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.