Done / Completed Done

Okay, I think I've almost got it.

Last question (I think), can I close the clamp tighter than what's shown? It doesn't seem like I can, but the card slides freely, so it seems like I should be able to tighten it further, but no matter how I twist, it doesn't tighten.
Card.jpg

I got the card from slothfurnace, perhaps there's a slightly wider version that I should've purchased?

On all my graflex clamps I oval the square hole in the clamp box. Which allows me to”dial in” the tolerance

But even with that many after market clamps have little differences

Sloths cards are the top of the line and the only cards I use or recommend

But to fix this issue I “pad” the back of the card with 2 layers of scotch tape.

It gives the card just a tad bit more thickness and the clamp holds it in place

You never over tighten a graflex lever it will either pop the locking block out of the clamp box or break the lever pin..

The scotch tape has always worked amazing for me

On all my graflex clamps I oval the square hole in the clamp box. Which allows me to”dial in” the tolerance

But even with that many after market clamps have little differences

Sloths cards are the top of the line and the only cards I use or recommend

But to fix this issue I “pad” the back of the card with 2 layers of scotch tape.

It gives the card just a tad bit more thickness and the clamp holds it in place

You never over tighten a graflex lever it will either pop the locking block out of the clamp box or break the lever pin..

The scotch tape has always worked amazing for me

Awesome, thanks for the tips.

Thanks to Rudy (spirit of ob1) as well for helping me out.

Still waiting on the D-ring to show up, it might be a while, I ordered from WannaWanga, and I think that's coming from outside the US, so it it might be a while. I'm almost there, but heck, I've waited 20 years to get my own lightsaber, what's another week or two ??

Awesome, thanks for the tips.

Thanks to Rudy (spirit of ob1) as well for helping me out.

Still waiting on the D-ring to show up, it might be a while, I ordered from WannaWanga, and I think that's coming from outside the US, so it it might be a while. I'm almost there, but heck, I've waited 20 years to get my own lightsaber, what's another week or two ??

Congratulations, if you ordered from wannawanga it’s coming from the Netherlands

Okay, I think I've almost got it.

Last question (I think), can I close the clamp tighter than what's shown? It doesn't seem like I can, but the card slides freely, so it seems like I should be able to tighten it further, but no matter how I twist, it doesn't tighten.
View attachment 1425713
I got the card from slothfurnace, perhaps there's a slightly wider version that I should've purchased?
For a situation like this, I'd cut an o-ring, to make a round rubber strip, and place it in one, or both, grooves to take up the slack as well as provide a cushioned grip. Most o-rings are black, but silicone ones are typically orange, which might add visual interest as well. Leave the rubber long and trim it flush after it's all together, or, cut it short so it's completely hidden.

PS Rubber cord can be purchased on a spool as well, but I think a bag of o-rings will be less expensive.

Just found mine in the mailbox!:):):)

Got one of these spacers in the package, but I'm not sure what is it for?

1613593387092.png

Wow, that's an amazing transformation.

The spring that came out of that TP holder, is there a proper size one? In the video you said you grabbed the wrong one, but you made it work anyways.

Hey Guys,
Looks like the mail system has stopped for some reason, on a few packages i have not seem movement since monday the 22nd.
If you have not recieved your saber i will be adding the tracking # next to your name tonight so you can take a look as well.

Please be patient! If you havnt already seen or know, its been on the news that they mail system is way backed up!!!

Wow, that's an amazing transformation.

The spring that came out of that TP holder, is there a proper size one? In the video you said you grabbed the wrong one, but you made it work anyways.
i thought i got the wrong one, its the same one i got all those years ago. Just have to cut 1-1/2" of the spring to get it to fit safely

even with that piece cut off you can see in this video it still has enough "UMMPHHH!" to pop it all the way up

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back