3rd Rock Harry Solomon’s Coat Help

TymanRoach

Hey everyone.

So for my first project on the RPF, I’m hoping to track down my favourite characters coat from my favourite TV-show, 3rd Rock From The Sun! I’m fairly certain that this is a real coat and not made for the show. Supposedly its a woman’s parka, so I’m hoping to acquire an actual vintage one. There appear to be 2 different coats as seen in the pictures below, the coat worn in the first season has shorter fur (I prefer the one with longer fur worn in the later seasons myself) the inside is made out of different material and the quilted pattern is much larger, it also has pull strings in the hood. I've been though thrift shops and vintage clothing stores and I’m keeping a close eye on eBay but I haven’t had much luck yet. So I’m hoping that someone knows what brand it is or can help identify it. So any information on how or where I get my hands on this awesome coat would be greatly appreciated!

And after I get the coat taken care of I’m also hoping to identify the kind of platform shoes he's wearing in the first 2 pictures and eventually get a full costume going :cool

Thanks for looking!

- - - Updated - - -

Season 1 Coat Acquired!

Now I have something warm and snazzy to wear while I look for the other coat!

Thanks Iamjwpc :D

Attachments

• harry_coat_4.png
    harry_coat_4.png
    324.7 KB · Views: 6,542
  • harry_coat_3.png
    harry_coat_3.png
    856.4 KB · Views: 1,471
  • tumblr_m8somppxwL1rvmoyio1_500.jpg
    tumblr_m8somppxwL1rvmoyio1_500.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 924
  • 3rd-Rock-from-the-Sun-Wallpaper-3rd-rock-from-the-sun-2257221-1920-1200.png
    3rd-Rock-from-the-Sun-Wallpaper-3rd-rock-from-the-sun-2257221-1920-1200.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,987
  • harry_coat_1.png
    harry_coat_1.png
    445.5 KB · Views: 2,448
  • harry_coat_9.png
    harry_coat_9.png
    907.6 KB · Views: 1,335
  • harry_coat_10.png
    harry_coat_10.png
    960.7 KB · Views: 2,006
Last edited:
Nah, its a real coat, I'm sure of that. But as far as getting a replica made goes, the Mongolian fur looks fairly close. If I cant get a vintage one I’ll look into making my own or commissioning someone to make one.

Yeah, I found that one a while ago, its pretty good. I wonder if graverobbergirl's mom would be interested in making another one..

Still, I don't want to get ahead of myself Here. Getting a replica made is a last resort kinda thing, and I'm not nearly ready to give up on finding a vintage one yet

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back