3phase Red Jammer

Primer on.

2-2-16%20048_zpsj8tlnudg.jpg

Its great to see a few more of these being built!!! Really like the new gun array!!!
To save you a huge amount of time and trouble, when it comes to the piping try to get hold of some plastruct (EMA ) plastic covered wire , or get some thin wire and thread that through hollow plastic tubing, which you will have to heat. The plastic covered wire is best and will bend easily to take the shapes.

Its great to see a few more of these being built!!! Really like the new gun array!!!
To save you a huge amount of time and trouble, when it comes to the piping try to get hold of some plastruct (EMA ) plastic covered wire , or get some thin wire and thread that through hollow plastic tubing, which you will have to heat. The plastic covered wire is best and will bend easily to take the shapes.

Mate huge amount of trouble has already been done. I know that the original was probably done like you say but I wanted to do them a bit different. I made them from welding wire as they were already similar to the colour I wanted and I also have added natural rust to them from them just being out in the weather. I have to admit I will never do them like this again as a lot of work as I have to cut them a mill or 2 longer then grind each end back so its a nice fit and the end is flat as the snips leave a point on the wire.

y-wing%20pipes%20001_zpspvkvkvlm.jpg

Great work!!! Mine were a ****ing nightmare to do until I came across the plastruct wire and I had several attempts. Without that crib sheet from Jason I'd have probably given up. Your natural weathering looks better than mine!!!!

Is the Plastruct wire the butyrate covered one? Quickly browsing their site didnt find the dimensions spesified in the piping diagram.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There were two sizes I think, 0 .8mm and 1.6mm and they were the butyrate covered ones. For the thicker more acutely angled tubes I ended up inserting them into the hollow plastic ones and then carefully heating them, that way they didn't collapse or melt and were easier to bend than having solid brass inside. I used a combination of solid brass, the butyrate covered wires, hollow plastic tubes and a lot of snapped and melted bits before getting them all done. The most fiddling and time consuming part of the build by far. I was told much later that you can get similar covered wire in various sizes in hobby shops for decorations and flower arrangements but as that was well after the event I never bothered checked up on that .

Yeah those are the sizes I found. I do have all sizes in both plastic and brass at hand, but still want to get all options covered before I get to the pipes. I think I will use all materials as well, depending on the spot.

Cant see the attachements... Maybe its because I browsing on my phone. Got the pipes but the stripes would be great to have.

EDIT:Got them using safari

3phase. Would you be able to show a shot or 2 on how you mounted your guns? Just picked a set up and want to mount them on my jammer.

]

Ok what I have is not cannon as I can not see to well with the pic I have of the original guns. I presume they were glued strait on. Also I wanted to be able to swap out between the 2 guns so can have the model look as it is today. So I could swap the guns I found a (part on the left) that fitted almost perfectly over what is on the jammer roof. I modified it and put a cap on it (part to the right) just to finish the look of.

IMAG0957_zpskhct6wic.jpg

IMAG0955_zpshf27kqqv.jpg

IMAG0956_zpsaojbwbru.jpg

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back