3D Scanning in Phoenix, AZ?

whiteraven

Anyone know an affordable place to get an item 3d scanned? I want to get a 3d model version of the project so I can better make the mirror version of it, as well as make a few modifications I can't easily make on the prototype.

Any suggestions?

It's been awhile but there was a place at the Biltmore Fashion Park that offered a service to scan peoples faces and then they would CNC router a bust and the customer could use it as sort of a 3D portrait.

It was a while ago and I don't recall which store so I don't know anything beyond that.

Otherwise I'd say look in the medical/dental direction. Most places that I am aware of use scanners for their original are in that field since a human body needs to be scanned. Doesn't come with a file of proportions. Other industries will have a file drawn rather than scanned.

When I was at McFarlane Toys (NJ)there was a scanner for the models to pose in front of. It took up a lot of space and wasn't used too often.

I got a prop I made and want to make a mirrored version. Don't quite need a full body or anything.

I guess an expert CAD style 3d modeller could make me a digital model, but that would be expensive I believe.

I got a prop I made and want to make a mirrored version. Don't quite need a full body or anything.

I guess an expert CAD style 3d modeller could make me a digital model, but that would be expensive I believe.

3D scanning is not cheap either, last time we got something scanned it was very pricey. It was in the UK though so no help for AZ, just wanted to lett ya know it is not cheap.

A higher tech process is probably going to cost more no matter what direction you choose.

What was your price range?

One guy hit me up for a jedi traing remote and thought I could draw a file and have it printed for less than something like $250.

The 3D printing isn't a cost issue for me, since my Alma Mater provides access to alumni.

I'm hoping for just a 3D digital model of an item I've already prototyped, so it shouldn't be too terribly difficult. I was thinking like $30-40 for the model in a .stl binary format.

Funny how it takes awhile to reheat some memories.
I visited Hanger prosthetics to see if that was worthwhile for work(they pay squat) and they had a smaller scanner. Drop in on them and ask if they would be interested in doing a small one-sie job.(I'm serious) I wouldn't call, too easy to be dismissive on the phone.

If I recall correctly(as it been awhile) the shop with the equipment is at this address.

Hanger
1119 West Geneva Drive
Tempe, AZ 85282

...otherwise maybe they can direct you to someone who can.

There are free online scanning services. Why don't you try About My3DScanner and see if that works for you. There are other free or low cost solutions. If you have a Kinect there are some opions worth researching. Additionally, you can make your own 3D scanner with "David laser."

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back