3D Printing Services - Resin Medium

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Boba Debt

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I want to buy the files for a 3-D printed Ranger Model from Interstellar

I know nothing about 3-D printing

I was told to get it printed in resin

Are there companies that print files for customers?

Is there anyone that's a member of this forum that can print the parts for me?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

basementdweller

You should head over to reddit r/3Dprintmything

Read the wiki/rules on that page and make a post. If you want a big model of that resin printed it's probably going to be expensive. If you can get someone that knows their printer you could get a really nice looking FDM print of that ship that will take some more post finishing work in terms of spray filler and sanding, but be sturdier and cheaper. However it's your wallet so you might want to get a few quotes locally. There are companies that do that, but I can tell you flat out it's too pricey so for this type of thing and you are better off using the community or a makerspace to get the parts printed.

You could also read up on the 3D printer thread for the Elegoo Mars here on the general modelling forum and consider getting a printer of your own if the cost of printing the model is too mcuh it might be cheaper to buy a printer and spend the time to print it yourself. It's an amazing piece of tech. Sure it's not as simple as pressing a button, but if you have the time it is more than worth your while and opens you up to a new dimension of this hobby.