Service 3D printing service - Ultimaker 2

Dirtsen

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello all,
I own a Ultimaker 2 for about 2 months now and I am very happy with it. It can print a resolution of 0.02mm layer height which makes it pretty accurate. Since the UM2 isn't exactly cheap, I would like to offer a 3d printing service for forum members who are interested. I print with different materials. So far I have tried ABS with minimal warping (after some experimentation) and with PLA. Both materials yield great results. To show you what the printer is capable of, I would like to show you some pictures of my private prints. I used the great files of a fellow forum member Abb Eliten who modeled some parts of the Iron Man MK42 suit.

Print samples

Finger segment(s)
Material: PLA (blue), Layer Height: 0.1mm

PLAblue100.pngPLAblue100segments.pngPLAblue100thumb.pngPLAblue100thumbtop.pngPLAblue1002.pngPLAblue1003.pngPLAblue1004.png

Finger segment
Material: ABS (red), Layer Height: 0.1mm

ABSred1002.pngABSred1001.pngABSred1003.png

Finger segment
Material: ABS (red), Layer Height: 0.2mm
ABSred2003.pngABSred2002.pngABSred2001.pngABSred2004.png

Forearm Details
Material: ABS (red), Layer Height: 0.15mm
forearm150_1.pngforearm150_2.png

As you can see it is really accurate. I am still experimenting to get rid of the last small issues like over extrusion here and there but since they prints are post processed it doesn't matter a lot.

If you would like to have something 3d printed you can contact me and we work something out. Here are the terms and conditions of my service:

Files:
You have to provide the 3d file and assure me that you made it or that it is freely available and you have the permission to make a 3d print of it. In some cases I might ask for proof. If you need help to make something printable, that is no problem. I can assist with that. The rights of the file stay with the original owner/modeler and I do not claim the right to print this file for anyone else or myself unless given permission.

Costs: 10$ per hour printing time.
Pricing depends on a lot of factors but basically the longer it takes to print it the more it will cost of course. Layer height is a big factor here. The more accurate the print is supposed to be, the longer it takes to print it of course. A whole helmet (as a rough example) would probably be between 400 and 600 USD in 0.2mm layer height, depending on the size of course. PMs are welcome :)

Special Offer - limited time:
you send me your STL files and tell me how much you were planning on spending on it. I'll see what I can make happen!

If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask.

I will update this thread with some more printing samples soon.

Last edited:
$400 - $600 is a bit steep for a helmet, at least from similar project runs involving helmets, be they Iron Man, Star Lord or otherwise. Most are going for $200-$300, sometimes even less.

$400 - $600 is a bit steep for a helmet, at least from similar project runs involving helmets, be they Iron Man, Star Lord or otherwise. Most are going for $200-$300, sometimes even less.

I think the idea is you buy the 3d printed master, sand etc and sells casts.

You should read the rules before price bashing.. If you dont like the price move on.
This is said rule....

Price "bashing" is not allowed. If you don't like the price of an item move along without comment. If you are interested in buying an item for less than the displayed price, contact the seller ONLY if they have specified that they are willing to accept offers.

I offer the 3d printing Service not casts. If someone would like to have something printed and make a master of it or just wants some customized helmet that nobody is offering as casts. Casts are of course less expensive because the cost for a 3d printed master is going to be split up... etc... you get the idea.
Using a professional 3d printing Service for a helmet for instance can easily be more than double the Price stated above.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the idea is you buy the 3d printed master, sand etc and sells casts.

Exactly :D

- - - Updated - - -

You should read the rules before price bashing.. If you dont like the price move on.
This is said rule....

Price "bashing" is not allowed. If you don't like the price of an item move along without comment. If you are interested in buying an item for less than the displayed price, contact the seller ONLY if they have specified that they are willing to accept offers.

Thanks Rocket ;)
I think RiotJavelin misunderstood my post and instead of asking about it he Chose a different way of expressing it. I am not offended but of course, the rules should be followed.

I once got an estimate from a professional 3d printing/prototyping company to print an Iron Man helmet. The estimate was 2,000 dollars!

So, I'd say $400-$600 isn't that bad at all.

I thought i'd leave these here as samples too :)ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409307043.146477.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1409307066.612654.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1409307077.458615.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1409307089.429364.jpg

Credits for the original model goes to Zabana

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

How much for a Spiderman face shell and lense cos I have seen tasm 1 and 2 lenses with a shell all in one for 20 pounds

As was clarified in this thread, he's not selling cheap runs of files for you, he's printing extremely high resolution models for you to cast and sell runs of, in essence. You must provide him with the 3D file you made yourself or have bought the rights to or is known to be free. You're undershooting his price just like I did. The Ironman helmet he posted a couple posts ago blows away the quality of any 3D print I ever received.

Ok and yea I know I gotta provide the file but I'm not looking for a super high quality face shell even. Tho I know he is capable I just want a basic shape something that will fit with the lenses. You know what it's fine I'm not a face shell fan anyway

Print looks great. I do alot of Printing and prices are very reasonable. A helmet like this would Easliy cost 3-5 thousand to print. after you found a machine big enough to print it.

With a good sanding and primer job you could easily cast that and make copies.

NIce job.

Al

I thought i'd leave these here as samples too :)View attachment 369459View attachment 369460View attachment 369461View attachment 369462

Credits for the original model goes to Zabana

Ok and yea I know I gotta provide the file but I'm not looking for a super high quality face shell even. Tho I know he is capable I just want a basic shape something that will fit with the lenses. You know what it's fine I'm not a face shell fan anyway

Hey BlackKnight,
If you have some files you want printed that is not a problem. I do not have a faceshell file though.

Print looks great. I do alot of Printing and prices are very reasonable. A helmet like this would Easliy cost 3-5 thousand to print. after you found a machine big enough to print it.

With a good sanding and primer job you could easily cast that and make copies.

NIce job.

Al

Thank you mate, i was thinking about casting it when i am done.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back