3D Printing Resources for Scratchbuilding

kaidennett

Hello all,
I really want to start doing more model building, specifically scratch building. I love the look of scratch built models made for older sci-fi films like Blade Runner and Star Wars. I think the super custom and unique models would be extraordinarily fun to make and be able to present as part of my skill set as an artist. When I talk about the models I don't only mean the ships and vehicles commonly seen but also background stuff like buildings and everyday objects, which frankly I think would be more fun to make. I have a 3D printer but feel guilty because I don't use it as much as I would like. I figured this would be an enjoyable undertaking with my 3D printer. So I was wondering if anyone had any resources for 3D printable scratch building parts (preferably free of inexpensive) or places to learn how to make more realistic printable parts for scratch building. I have a pretty good amount of experience modeling stuff in Fusion 360 too but really want to spend not a ton of time on the computer and just start modeling as soon as possible. Thanks for the help and the awesome community!

I have a lot of experience in various aspects of 3D printing. If you need any specific help, especially in fixing printer issues PM me. I can usually diagnose print problems with just pictures.

I have a lot of experience in various aspects of 3D printing. If you need any specific help, especially in fixing printer issues PM me. I can usually diagnose print problems with just pictures.
Thanks for the help but for the most part I have my printer figured out, I mainly just need to figure out how to make of find places with printable parts for scratch building.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back