3D Printing Babylon 5 PPG

As usual, I am always up for a challenge to give my E3 and the knurled (checkered effect) handle looks like it would be a good one to attempt
with my current settings and .4mm nozzle.
I will have to split the handle up as well to give the printer the best orientation for the printer to complete the job well.
Your print turned out really nice :) .

I will have to split the handle up as well to give the printer the best orientation for the printer to complete the job well.
Your print turned out really nice :) .
Thanks Propmaster2000. The finish is 'OK' on mine. I would suggest splitting your grip straight across a row of the diamond pattern - not an arbitrary angle like I did. I'm sure the join will be a lot less noticable then.

Incidentally, I used Prusa's slicer to cut the grip in half - which handily placed the two cut surfaces flat on the bed automatically. I then transferred the file to Cura for export.

Thanks for the insight.
When I get back home tonight I will fiddle with the Thingiverse
STL to see what I can come up with.
Just for ***** and giggles, if the grip turns out well I may attempt the entire prop. :)

Well........as mentioned earlier, here it is from my ENDER 3 , .4mm nozzle and CURA Slicer. Black PLA :
I think on the next print of the grips, I will embed small neo magnets and use "pin and hole" keys to line them up.

IMG_0695.JPG

ppg grip sm.jpg

...........................................................................................................................................................
Printed standing up with minimal support which came away clean:
IMG_0689 sm.jpg

Last edited:
Well.....in the process of creating the left and right side grips, I noticed something that may have been obvious to others.
The grip for the left side is different then the grip on the right side (more rounded at the top curve), and since I don't have much
skill at re-mastering the right side grip, I will have to just leave it as it is.
As for the main body, there are less added details on the right side then there are on the left as well.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back