3D printing a 1:1 Terminator T-800 endoskeleton

I have spent a lot of effort sanding and priming, and more sanding and more priming to get to this part.

I have the hydraulic cylinders to finish, but thus far, this model has gone together very nicely.

my big worry is fragility. If this were tipped over, all my work would be gone at the speed of gravity!

but here is the current status. This has been a life long dream, and I am
D806D3B2-C966-4E50-BA1F-E085B49952AD.jpeg
finally At a point that I can look at it and see my dream coming true.

Attachments

• 9B5D2472-146A-419A-9479-4A9661B82636.jpeg
    9B5D2472-146A-419A-9479-4A9661B82636.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 323
  • 199FDF73-B605-48ED-96D2-356EEF7D74BD.jpeg
    199FDF73-B605-48ED-96D2-356EEF7D74BD.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 377
Last edited:
that is looking great now. well worth the time put in.
i have them same 3D stl files that you are using plus the T-800 Genisys Endoskeleton one's i was thinking of having a go at them but i have enough on my plate at the moment building my sold polyurethane resin T-800
here is some photos of wear i am up to with the build so far if you haven't seen it in a post that i made some weeks back. plus the 3D stl file main build photo. the Genisys Endoskeleton will be a really nice one to put together.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

terminator-t-800-endoskeleton-model-obj-mtl-stl-1.jpg

rinis-yacine-the-terminator-t-800-by-yacine-brinis.jpg

cine-the-terminator-t-800-by-yacine-brinis-view-03.jpg
BPR-Render.jpg

Yeah Keith, I think that dog is smiling because he sees his new favorite chew toy. :unsure:

as long as we are on the subject, The original Stan Winston endo needs no improvement, and the Genesis Endo is just another cyborg in a cyborg movie. There! I said it.

I was just on YouTube, and the skeleton can be seen HERE

This not my printing, but someone has printed the same file. There are a few differences, but pretty much the same. It is now available on CGTrader.com and anyone who would like to print one should look here

I will say that all the files have printed very well and every fit together to make an endoskeleton that can carry its own weight.

I was just on YouTube, and the skeleton can be seen HERE

This not my printing, but someone has printed the same file. There are a few differences, but pretty much the same. It is now available on CGTrader.com and anyone who would like to print one should look here

I will say that all the files have printed very well and every fit together to make an endoskeleton that can carry its own weight.

So when all is said and done, how much would this cost? I’d like to do it in resin, but I have no idea how much this could cost.

I have spent a lot of effort sanding and priming, and more sanding and more priming to get to this part.

I have the hydraulic cylinders to finish, but thus far, this model has gone together very nicely.

my big worry is fragility. If this were tipped over, all my work would be gone at the speed of gravity!

but here is the current status. This has been a life long dream, and I am View attachment 1306646finally At a point that I can look at it and see my dream coming true.
How much would you charge for a head and pelvis?

Holy Poopzilla! I am having a “Face Palm” moment!

I poured the last of the resin into the pelvis and slushed it around. It was a small amount and I wanted to throw the bottles away. The resin coated the interior of the 3D print. This made the shell thicker in 5 minutes rather that taking hours extra to print. It wasn’t solid, but I also had some left over 2# expanding foam, and added some.
The pelvis is now solid and I can work on it.

Why didn’t I think of this first?!

I should have done this to all the pieces from the start! I would not have had the worry of each piece being so fragile

here is what I have learned from this:

this model is strong enough to support itself if you backfill the 3D print with resin and foam (please be careful of expanding foam in a confined space! Be sure to drill 1mm escape holes for venting, and do not over fill)29CEF568-2A6A-4E5C-A224-B9B4EDEDD9FE.jpegAC46C0AA-63D9-4DE3-9992-87C79AB2C723.jpeg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back