3D-Printed Wolverine Claws Turn Kids With Prosthetics Into Superheroes - News Article

BoydeyMcNerd

Hey Fellow Builders,

I am a new member and I was not sure where to place this article I just read, so please delete or move admin if not appropriate but this is an awesome story and I am sure others on here will enjoy as its an amazing use of 3-D printing and the imagination to help out kids in a terrible situation.

Please read below.

Article copied from Gizmodo. All credit goes to them as below.
http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2014/09/3...-turn-kids-with-prosthetics-into-superheroes/

"A handful of enterprising engineers and artists are using 3D printers to design and build cheap but functional prosthetic hands for kids who otherwise wouldn’t be able to afford them. And taking things one step further, Aaron Brown, a volunteer over at E-nabling The Future (the group behind the 3D-printed prosthetics initiative) took things one step further by designing a set of fake Wolverine claws to make kids wearing the prosthetics feel like superheroes.

The fake claws feature rounded tips and a silver-painted finish to make them look like they’re made from sharpened steel — or adamantium. But while they might look dangerous, they’re actually pretty safe, and can easily be removed or attached using a velcro base. For kids with prosthetics though, a little imagination is all it’s going to take to make them feel like they can take on super-villains, or the everyday tasks that the rest of us find easy. [E-nabling The Future via TechCrunch]"

All images should be credited to the original article and http://enablingthefuture.org/

wolverinehandx.jpg

wolvelongx.jpg

hnomlzg3i4hgcc870z5h.jpg

w9ntahu6ibw3r6epgmea.jpg

wolverinehandx.jpg

wolvelongx.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back