3d printed shoulder cannon backpack

T0niH

hi everyone. i am new here. i am currently working on my shoulder cannon and found a backpack 3d printer file on thingiverse.com. i made it and have already made the mount for the cannon, but i have no idea how to attach the backpack to my costume, nor have i been able to find any additional info

Attachments

• KIMG4807.JPG
    KIMG4807.JPG
    533.5 KB · Views: 430
  • KIMG4874.JPG
    KIMG4874.JPG
    494 KB · Views: 422
hi everyone. i am new here. i am currently working on my shoulder cannon and found a backpack 3d printer file on thingiverse.com. i made it and have already made the mount for the cannon, but i have no idea how to attach the backpack to my costume, nor have i been able to find any additional info

Where did you get the backpack files?

Hi,
What I did was I 3d printed a shoulder pads and attached the whole cannon/backpack assembly with a GoPro connector. This way it remained detachable.
The shoulder pad I just sewn it onto the fabric of the costume itself. The second mount point was a strong magnet on the costume facing similar strong magnet at the bottom of the backpack. You attach the GoPro connector and then rotate the backpack in place vertically until the magnets "click" in place.
Check it out:

Umm, do you have the code and boards you purchased listed anywhere? I am trying to get some bench demo setups and trying to find functional setups with available parts and code has been rather maddening...

I had to hack the Honus code from back in the day to get my setup working and I have a horrible lag issue. I am going to try an alorium board setup, but have to fabricate a custom shield with segregated power for the servos on it so that the alorium setup can uitilize the built-in fpga processor.

The other option is to pursue rewriting everything in circuit python and using a metro m4 express.

I want the cannon and light pieces hashed out before I work on designing my own writeup and build on the bomb gauntlet setup with off the shelf pieces.

Can you post a link to the specific files you used? It helps as then we know we are looking at the right file set...

Umm, do you have the code and boards you purchased listed anywhere? I am trying to get some bench demo setups and trying to find functional setups with available parts and code has been rather maddening...

I had to hack the Honus code from back in the day to get my setup working and I have a horrible lag issue. I am going to try an alorium board setup, but have to fabricate a custom shield with segregated power for the servos on it so that the alorium setup can uitilize the built-in fpga processor.

The other option is to pursue rewriting everything in circuit python and using a metro m4 express.

I want the cannon and light pieces hashed out before I work on designing my own writeup and build on the bomb gauntlet setup with off the shelf pieces.
All boards and pieces are in the instructable. I used Teense 3.5 because it has floating math coprocess for 3d tracking calculation. It seems to support 500Hz IMU querying while processing everything else without breaking sweat in a cooperative multitasking setting. I have maybe .2 seconds lag which I attribute to filtering delays actually.
Check the link I sent- it has everything you need to build a real time cannon head tracking.

That is why it is always a good idea to embed links into the post so we know which file you used. Many times there are several.

how did you split the backpack file in 2 pieces I have medium size printer and cant print the whole thing
I usually load those models into tinkercad.com, duplicate, then combine each with a big cube of emptiness above and below what looks like a good surface to glue it back together.
KInd of like this: 3D design Splitting example
You have to get into the editing mode of this or at least "view in 3d" to see what I mean.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back