3D printed Fallout 4 Robots

Vsions

Wow, it has been a while since I have been able to get to making new stuff. Work and Kids definitely had me busy. Im grateful to have some time now to get back into it. So I have been on a mission to 3d print and paint all of the robots I created for Fallout 4. I managed to finish two Mister Handy's The smaller one was the initial prototype. The second was larger, fully articulate and has removable armor panels. The base also lights up on both:

IMG_7678_zpsa5bmx9gp.jpg

IMG_7677_zpss6xidj0l.jpg

IMG_7671_zpso9v2e9z3.jpg

IMG_7672_zpsvnn7a3aj.jpg

More coming soon!

Attachments

• IMG_7677_zpss6xidj0l.jpg
    IMG_7677_zpss6xidj0l.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 182
Thanks! this one was a combination of Ultimaker Original and B9 prints. I used the ultimaker for the larger parts like the base and armor panels. Here are some Wip shots:

20140223_235349_zpswjyr4vdr.jpg

20140221_223030_zpshqqngc4m.jpg

Handy%20%20Assembly_zpsev8nnkxu.jpg

Attachments

• 20140221_223030_zpshqqngc4m.jpg
    20140221_223030_zpshqqngc4m.jpg
    368.7 KB · Views: 203
lol thanks! unfortunately I cant make kits for this stuff. Im not allowed to. There is definitely the possibility that my work will inspire marketing to actually get some version of these made. We are in fact producing a Mister Handy via Gaming heads that is looking pretty cool

[video]https://www.facebook.com/100014117746708/videos/134318140382110/?pnref=story[/video]

So I am currently in the process of printing out my Sentry bot. Ive made some decent progress so far but still have a ways to go. The armor panels will of course be all removeable and held on via magnets. He also has a light in his head like in the game and says lines from the game as well. This first prototype is being printed on my Ultimaker Original just for testing purposes. My final version will be printed in resin on a Moonray printer for some very high fidelity. Here are some renders of what he looks like in game.

SentryPoster1_zpsddi5h2rw.jpg

SentryFrontGutsFull_zpsrjcda1rv.jpg

SentryPerspective_zpsvf7iculs.jpg

Here are some pics of the printed model so far:

20161209_133011_zpsdlydpav0.jpg

20161208_090815_zpsoflzohus.jpg

20161208_090826_zpswnri31un.jpg

Current set of parts, but the final model kit will be about 75 pieces total.
20161209_014707_zpskshtge4a.jpg

Last edited:
I love your work! and that sentry is looking pretty good! I saw your mr handy about a month ago on Art Station. and it inspired me to do a similar project but with liberty prime.

So I ripped the model from Fallout 4 and now i'm manually detailing it based on its normal maps. also designing its joints etc.
My process is probably taking a lot longer than what it took to make the model in the first place :p

Like your robots i'm also planning on adding magnets so the covers can come off, add in function joints so it can be posed and i'm going to add in a small speaker so it can say it's anti communist catch phrases :p

here's what i have so far in maya
http://imgur.com/OnB0GmH
http://imgur.com/IP2NJJl
http://imgur.com/9J9KMcZ

You have looked at the rest of this site apart from the model section right?

Just because other people are doing it doesn't give you permission to do it yourself, that just isn't how copyrights work. There's also a difference between making and selling kits. The RPF is well-known, so it's only a game of risk before those people get a C&D. @OP clearly understands that as well judging from his response. If you want one, you can ask for an stl and print them yourself. :)

Vsions, that's some great work! I was wondering about your ultimamaker settings? It looks like you were using Meshmixer from the supports but what about your slice settings? The surface quality is great in the pics

Last edited:
I love your work! and that sentry is looking pretty good! I saw your mr handy about a month ago on Art Station. and it inspired me to do a similar project but with liberty prime.

So I ripped the model from Fallout 4 and now i'm manually detailing it based on its normal maps. also designing its joints etc.
My process is probably taking a lot longer than what it took to make the model in the first place :p

Like your robots i'm also planning on adding magnets so the covers can come off, add in function joints so it can be posed and i'm going to add in a small speaker so it can say it's anti communist catch phrases :p

here's what i have so far in maya
http://imgur.com/OnB0GmH
http://imgur.com/IP2NJJl
http://imgur.com/9J9KMcZ

Thanks dude I really appreciate that. Your project looks awesome. If you pull it off it would look great. You already seem to be making awesome progress on the 3d model. I love his lines, so if you can, definitely add the voice module. Here is the one I bought and used. You can upload a bunch of different lines and play them all separately with each press of the button:

http://www.invitebyvoice.com/record...-sound-module-for-stuffed-animal-inserts.html

Vsions, that's some great work! I was wondering about your ultimamaker settings? It looks like you were using Meshmixer from the supports but what about your slice settings? The surface quality is great in the pics

Thanks! Unfortunately the quality is a bit hit or miss. What you see there has had a bit of processing on it. Sometimes I get great quality sometimes not so much. I use Colorfabb PLA filament. I clean up the print a little with some files and an exacto. I then sand blasted it and primed it. For the slicer I use Simplify3D. It is an awesome piece of software and the supports are the best I have ever used for FDM by far. They easily come right and it has some other awesome options for fixing and previewing your mesh. Its also very fast slicer. I cant recommend it enough. Its $150 but its totally worth it. Let me know if you want any more info or specific settings out of simplify3d

Thanks dude I really appreciate that. Your project looks awesome. If you pull it off it would look great. You already seem to be making awesome progress on the 3d model. I love his lines, so if you can, definitely add the voice module. Here is the one I bought and used. You can upload a bunch of different lines and play them all separately with each press of the button:

http://www.invitebyvoice.com/record...-sound-module-for-stuffed-animal-inserts.html

Thats exactly what I was looking for, thanks! and my version of prime will be around 40 cm tall (15 inches) so that voice box is small enough to fit in his chest :)

Btw I saw on your instagram that you also managed to get a light in the head to light up when you pressed the button. how did you do that? is that a seperate system or part of the voice box? I want to do something similar. but instead have his visor light up when you press a button and play his eyebeam laser sound.

Thats exactly what I was looking for, thanks! and my version of prime will be around 40 cm tall (15 inches) so that voice box is small enough to fit in his chest :)

Btw I saw on your instagram that you also managed to get a light in the head to light up when you pressed the button. how did you do that? is that a seperate system or part of the voice box? I want to do something similar. but instead have his visor light up when you press a button and play his eyebeam laser sound.

I modeled sentry bots rear leg to hold all the electronic in that box, the speaker and the batteries. Im still working on it but its mostly done. So all the stuff bolts directly into his rear leg and Im discarding the original case that stuff all comes in. For the LED I kept it simple and simply soldered the led to the speaker leads. This also worked great to automatically modulate the light intensity when as he speaks. I will show pictures of all that stuff soon

Amazing stuff! And your finishing work is absolutely awesome... a real testament to what you can do with a printer these days!

Holy crap, all of these look amazing! Especially your painting and finishing skills, I can't wait to see you finish that Sentry. It's amazing how detailed and intricate prop designs can be with 3d modeling and printing now, before 3d printers each of these would have been months of scratch building and still fall short of the original.

Just because other people are doing it doesn't give you permission to do it yourself, that just isn't how copyrights work. There's also a difference between making and selling kits. The RPF is well-known, so it's only a game of risk before those people get a C&D. @OP clearly understands that as well judging from his response. If you want one, you can ask for an stl and print them yourself. :)

Not to mention Bethesda's very heavy handed compared to other game companies. If these were on their store they'd be 300.00 for 50.00 of plastic like most of their replicas because they know they can make it by going after folks doing better quality but like you said it's their IP to do it.

Amazing stuff! And your finishing work is absolutely awesome... a real testament to what you can do with a printer these days!

Thanks! A 3d printer is definitely a good tool, there still quite a bit that goes into making the model print ready and articulate before printing and quite a bit of post processing afterwards, although Im definitely hoping the latter diminishes as printers evolve.

Holy crap, all of these look amazing! Especially your painting and finishing skills, I can't wait to see you finish that Sentry. It's amazing how detailed and intricate prop designs can be with 3d modeling and printing now, before 3d printers each of these would have been months of scratch building and still fall short of the original.

Thank you! Yes having the 3d printer really helps in accurately bringing the model to life.

Not to mention Bethesda's very heavy handed compared to other game companies. If these were on their store they'd be 300.00 for 50.00 of plastic like most of their replicas because they know they can make it by going after folks doing better quality but like you said it's their IP to do it.

Most companies protect their IP's actually, by law you have to or otherwise you can lose your protections for it. As far as quality, I think Bethesda does a good job of bringing a quality product and staying true to the designs. I think the ThreeZero Power Armors are a good example of that, So are the Skyrim statues for the most part. Fans have more time and less restrictions when making their props so I think that lends itself well to making what would seem like superior quality stuff. People making products for us have to make many of them and make the durable, they also have to make some money off of them and I think that is not unreasonable.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back