3D-Printed Crysknife from David Lynch's Dune.

Stymie924

Greetings programs!

I am a longtime lurker and occasional poster who is now jumping into the fray to share my latest project. A crysknife inspired by the David Lynch version of Dune. It's not especially screen-accurate. I took some liberties with the shape, giving it a slight bend at the base of the handle.

Sculpted in Zbrush and printed by Shapeways in their basic plastic material, I am pretty pleased with how it turned out. It does feel pretty fragile. I almost snapped it on the ceiling fan doing my best Muadib, "Long live the fighters!" Anyway, I would be grateful for comments and crits. Thanks y'all!

crysknife.jpg
crysknife3.jpg

crysknife.jpg
crysknife3.jpg
crysknife1.jpg

Thanks for looking! Thanks for looking y'all!

Thanks y'all! I do actually plan on finishing it. What I might do is cast it as is in a more robust material (the print is a little fragile) and then tool it up and then paint it.

Thanks for the comments y'all!

Thanks y'all! I do actually plan on finishing it. What I might do is cast it as is in a more robust material (the print is a little fragile) and then tool it up and then paint it.

Thanks for the comments y'all!

I was about to recommend you cast it if you could. With the remake in the works you might be able to do a run for anyone interested.

I honestly have never posted stl files in a public forum before, so I wouldn't know how to go about that particular process.

I only post bc the impending remake and renewed interest people may have. As for posting a STL file, I might suggest putting it on your shared google drive, designate it to be a shared file, and post the link for download. That way you don't have to babysit your email sending them out etc. As for molding and casting, I'm sure there are many here including myself that would be glad to give pointers or help figure out problem places. Best of luck and I for one would VERY much appreciate being able to make one myself from your design; you did a fantastic job!

Either way, thanks for sharing your progress with us - inspiration is priceless!

Hello! did you have any new on your Crysknife? Dis you manage to make the STL available? I would be exited to make one!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back