3d printed captain america shield.

StarLord99

Is it possible to replicate the efx Captain America shield (exact dimensions and all) and create an stl format for 3d printing?

Sure, if you break the model into smaller parts.
The efx shields are so crazy expensive right now. Its not reasonable to pay $2k-3k for a fiberglass shield. Im thinking of designing one as close to the EFX or Masterworks and 3d printing my own and cast it in fiberglass. For fraction of the price and maybe do a few shields to sell along the way.

The efx shields are so crazy expensive right now. Its not reasonable to pay $2k-3k for a fiberglass shield. Im thinking of designing one as close to the EFX or Masterworks and 3d printing my own and cast it in fiberglass. For fraction of the price and maybe do a few shields to sell along the way.

Really? So what is the alloy shield worth?

Good on you if you can draw your own file, print out the master and do a fibre glass part.

I was thinking you were just going to print it. Hence my comments on how it might look.

I'm late to the 3D printing party. Just got one over a fortnight ago today and I have to admit, it is pretty cool to print out stuff I've drawn in a 3D drawing program.

Really? So what is the alloy shield worth?

Good on you if you can draw your own file, print out the master and do a fibre glass part.

I was thinking you were just going to print it. Hence my comments on how it might look.

I'm late to the 3D printing party. Just got one over a fortnight ago today and I have to admit, it is pretty cool to print out stuff I've drawn in a 3D drawing program.
Im aiming on the accuracy of the shield so the accurate things I found so far are the EFX, King arts, and Masterworks one. Two of them being metal except the EFX. I saw the masterworks being $4000 exclude shipping and I hate the paint of the king arts one. Personally I am not much of a Captain America fan that's why I will not spend more than $1000 dollars for a frisbee. I just want a shield that looks legit and will display well with my mjolnir and Iron man helmet.

Im aiming on the accuracy of the shield so the accurate things I found so far are the EFX, King arts, and Masterworks one. Two of them being metal except the EFX. I saw the masterworks being $4000 exclude shipping and I hate the paint of the king arts one. Personally I am not much of a Captain America fan that's why I will not spend more than $1000 dollars for a frisbee. I just want a shield that looks legit and will display well with my mjolnir and Iron man helmet.
Yeah, I am not a fan either. Out of the 22 movies, I think I have seen 4 or 5.

I saw a metal shield at a comic con last year and thought it looked good but I agree, I would not spend money on the glorified Frisbee.

Yeah, I am not a fan either. Out of the 22 movies, I think I have seen 4 or 5.

I saw a metal shield at a comic con last year and thought it looked good but I agree, I would not spend money on the glorified Frisbee.
Thank You! Maybe I will start the project sometime this November when I am not busy so wish me luck!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back