3D parts for the Hasbro Black Series Snowspeeder

TazMan2000

Master Member
The toy is a pretty good representation of the actual filming model, however, it is still a toy. Here is some things I am working on that can make improvements to those who wish it.

The cannons have a cut out section at the bottom that is really evident when viewed sideways. Attached to this message is an STL that can make it look better, by using a 1/2 inch brass tube to match the length of the part included with the toy.

These were modelled using the Hasbro parts as a reference. If you have suggestions to make the parts look closer to the Studio Model, feel free to post.

Old parts
Snowspeeder Cannon Parts.JPG

Improved parts.
Snowspeeder Cannon Parts.JPG

These parts are free so don't sell them.

TazMan2000

Last edited:
Thanks Taz. Any luck on Canopy?

I haven't done the canopy yet. It doesn't seem too hard if I don't include all the inside greeblies. I'm wondering if it would be better to model it as an entire assembly, or in pieces where it would have to be glued together. I guess someone could always slice it up in meshmixer to ensure that their printer could handle it.

TazMan2000

The canopy was a bit more difficult to do. I used a micrometer for measurements but shrinkage when printing/curing may cause a dimensional problem, or an issue with fit. Shrinkage won't be linear.

The skin is about 3mm thick, to ensure strength. It looks a bit thick but I'm afraid to go thinner because the flimsiness could result flexing, cracking, or bending.

Canopy1.JPG

Canopy2.JPG

TazMan2000

Let me know I have various resins I could try.
Here you go. Good luck. I'm wondering if I should model the bottom part of the canopy...the stuff that ensures it fits in the grooves of the cockpit and locks in place.

*****Edit***** Hold off on downloading. Still improving design.

TazMan2000

Last edited:
Top view. Not much difference. Perhaps the taper of the barrel on the left has to be adjusted.

IMG_2385.JPG

When looking at it on the side, you can see the benefit.

IMG_2386.JPG

TazMan2000

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back