3d model help. How to convert .mesh files to .obj files?

The Armorer

Like the title says, I have some mesh files that I want to convert to obj files (for pepakura).

I'm not very good with modelling (or scripts), is there any extensions/pluggins for blender or plain programs that can convert the files?

Or is there anyone who has modelling software already that could do this for me (I can't pay for any of the software :facepalm ).

Thanks,

-The Armorer

Yes blender should work, but you may have to invert or properly aling the normals of the poligons to be correct for pepakura...

I can't import it. The file type itself doesn't seem to be supported by blender. I don't know if its the version I'm using or not. I don't know what program remidelled it, since I'm pretty sure +positive+ its a rip).

Ogre exporter reads .mesh files. You then could export it to .obj or any file type for 3d.
.mesh files are mostly generated when you compile 3d models for a certain game. Watch out for copyright infrigment mate!

Rundown's right. He's talking about the .mesh file extension, not just a model mesh in some other format.

Let me look at what I've got, I thought I had two programs (needed both) to get the .mesh files to extract .obj data. If I remember right, the programs were REALLY SKETCHY too, lol.

***edit*** Found it, PM sent

Last edited:
Ogre exporter reads .mesh files. You then could export it to .obj or any file type for 3d.
.mesh files are mostly generated when you compile 3d models for a certain game. Watch out for copyright infrigment mate!

Don't worry, first, I don't rip anything myself, I'm too dumb, and if I was that smart, I'd just model it myself :p and second, I won't be releasing anything for profit or anything that I wouldn't use for personal uses.

Rundown's right. He's talking about the .mesh file extension, not just a model mesh in some other format.

Let me look at what I've got, I thought I had two programs (needed both) to get the .mesh files to extract .obj data. If I remember right, the programs were REALLY SKETCHY too, lol.

***edit*** Found it, PM sent

PM received :D

Thank you all SO MUCH, I will do my best to utilize this to help myself get back into things :)

=Seth

Hey... revival....

does anyone know a script for blender (2.67 or 2.6) to convert xna lara or gmod models? What programs do I have to have to do so? I have a few models that I REALLY want (batman arkham city model and a few others), but aren't available as OBJ or DAE, if anyone has gmod or xnalara and is willing to export and convert I WOULD BE VERY GREATFUL :(

I have a few xna lara models and gmod models that I need to be converted. Pm me your email and I can send the files I need help with to you.

-Seth

Hey... revival....

does anyone know a script for blender (2.67 or 2.6) to convert xna lara or gmod models? What programs do I have to have to do so? I have a few models that I REALLY want (batman arkham city model and a few others), but aren't available as OBJ or DAE, if anyone has gmod or xnalara and is willing to export and convert I WOULD BE VERY GREATFUL :(

Blender 2.7x XPS Tools 1.1
Imports .mesh files into Blender : http://johnzero7.deviantart.com/journal/Blender-2-7x-XPS-Tools-1-1-485668690

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back