3D Elder

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

LunchboxAz

So while my drawing leaves something to be desired I have been having alot of fun recently in college with 3d design so i thought I might give my pred concept a try. This is still a REALLY rough wip but ive started getting the basic features in place. Lots of work still left to do. His mandibles will be moveable so i can put a bio on him too. I think this ill be a bust for now but I might move it to full body if things go well. And with any luck he'll be good enough to put in my demo reel.

Sculpted in Mudbox. rendered w/ Mental Ray

ElderWIP.jpg

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

LunchboxAz

Thnx guys. Ill see about getting some more detail on him tonight and post some multiple angles. If anyone has any suggestions id love to hear em, Ive never modeled a pred before.

LunchboxAz

BO'Skarr: Ive thought about adding some scarring. This is supposed to be my predator concept that im making my suit look like. Hes an elder beast master so im sure he'll have some beauty marks on him. this may turn into just a random pred concept i dont know. Hes still far from finished.

After watching AvP I thought to myself "self, your 3d pred bust would be pretty hard to eventually add to a body" So i started mocking up a full body of him lol. I started roughing in the chest muscles, neck muscles and collar bone areas and im working on getting proportions right. If you guys think anything needs changing let me know now. Its easier to change at this stage then down the road.

Again sculpted in Mudbox and rendered in Mental Ray through Maya. (i put him outside this time hehe)
EldefullrWIP.jpg

EldefullrWIP2.jpg

bd863

What program are you using? Is it free? if so can you send me a link I'd love to try this out other than that great work so far

botman

Im using autodesk mudbox. Its free for students or through other nefarious means lol. There is a free progam called Sculptris thats pretty good and does the same thing http://www.pixologic.com/sculptris/
well actually, i tried downloading the program when i read this. it's so cool. it's very easy to use like clay pinching and others.
i think i'm addicted already...
this is what i did the whole day...

i dont mean to intrude but this is highly recommended...
i tried doing the face you did but it didn't came out that way.
i thank you very much for sharing this. good luck on your beast master :rolleyes:

mask sculpt.JPG

LunchboxAz

The programs really are like working with digital clay. That bio looks good for your first time! Im kinda busy the next couple of days but ill try to get some time in to add some more detail.

botman

The programs really are like working with digital clay. That bio looks good for your first time! Im kinda busy the next couple of days but ill try to get some time in to add some more detail.
thanks man. good luck on your sculpt.
and thank you again for the program, i now have a new hobby here in the office