37 1/2 inch (1/2 studio scale) TOS Battlestar Galactica scratchbuild #2

Yep, I for sure need the domes...Hay Vader good to see you on here......Thanks Jim

Hello Jim ,

Yeah I still here and will continue to stay but things have turned for the worse for me with my back issues and some other health issues,As far a the Domes go I am still waiting to get them from Mike I hope he is ok,I am not sure what the delay is but it is has been a very long time since I last PM Mike to see when he be sending them out,,

I also been selling a lot of my Models and other modeling supplies I bought still have quiet a few left to sell,but I am keeping just a few to build as I just will not be able to build any models anymore...

Clarence

Vader, You have a very nice collection of models, You ought to hang on to them if not for building just for collecting, I one day hope soon I might be able to buy a few from you. Yep I really do need these domes one day well get them I know Mike is really busy getting kits out. plus you know how watching kids are off the bus on the bus off to school and the whole lot of it all, can keep a man on his toes, even when making super kits. Yes Vader hang in there good Friend . .... Thanks.......Jim

So in short, anyone who purchased a kit should get a resin upgrade kit of 2 new domes, 8 launch tube upgrades (cut out the old) 2 rear landing bay detail caps (not the whole cap, just the detail bit at the end) and a new nose. As soon as possible i will send these out to everyone at no additional cost.
Thanks
mike

Just received all of the above in the mail today :b

Thank You Mike!

yep the extra parts are shipping out in waves now. Give it about 2 weeks for all of them to go out. If you do not get your set in say 3 weeks or so give me a PM, i may have lost your address or have an old one.
thanks
mike

The nose is Tony's nose in resin, i compensated him for the part. Small dome, the 8 launch tubes, and the new endcap were handmade by Dan Grumeretz, and cast with his OK. The main dome is byNwerke (martyn) and casting of his 3d printed part.

Over all not a ton of stuff but an improvement for sure.

Awesome. The only parts I would need would be the new endcaps and launch tubes since I have all of Tony's other parts. Just FYI when my name rolls around. How many Galactica's did you wind up making? Seems like it was a good run while it lasted!!!!!

Don't know off hand, I was glad to do it but to be honest, it was one hell of an expensive project! Constant remolds and lots of resin, and major mold reset time (so lots of labor), which is why I have to take a break from it now. I need to really think about raising the price (unfortunately) to be worth doing again.

Again i really appreciate all you guys who wanted the kit, so the above is not meant to be complaining, just the reality of the project at this point.

thanks
mike

Awesome. The only parts I would need would be the new endcaps and launch tubes since I have all of Tony's other parts. Just FYI when my name rolls around. How many Galactica's did you wind up making? Seems like it was a good run while it lasted!!!!!

If you do re-release it I'd gladly donate my engine mesh to you for the next run if you wanted it.

Attachments

• HPIM1963.JPG
    HPIM1963.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 127
Thanks Mike, Glad to have been one of the lucky people to have gotten one of these super kits, and keep me in mind I will be wanting more of the models you make, also its worth every cent you have been asking even more after the fact of having to remold all the time molding stuff doesn't come cheep. also all the labor involved. I can't wait to own more of your kits. Hopefully soon the big 31 inch viper. Keep Up the Great Work And THANKS again......Jim

It's been a long production run for sure. Going back thru this great thread Mike started taking orders mid October 2013!! This kit has been in production for what, about 20 months!?!? That's a lot of resin and silicone. Plus we have had all the great extras that have been made for it from people like Tony, Dan and Nwerke and myself. While this may not reach the iconic level of Mike's SS X-Wing, it surely can't be far behind. It's a great model of a great ship, sold at a far lower price than it should ever have been. I remember Mike saying he wanted to keep the price at a point where anyone who wanted one would be able to get one. And he did!

Hats off and a big cheers to Mike for this awesome model!!!

Not at the moment, i have a couple of big projects that are going to take most of my time from now until like late Nov early Dec. At that point i will think about a short run again.
thanks
mike

Hey Mike, so does this mean the kit is still available? I'd still love to get one, even if the price goes up.
Thanks
Bill

Hy Mike

I send you some PM and mail, also in Facebook.
Can you send me a pm with the price of this fantastic Kit if you still sell them.

Thanks a lot

Best reguards

Stefan Schleicher

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back