37 1/2 inch (1/2 studio scale) TOS Battlestar Galactica scratchbuild #2

Er, nope. No CG involved here folks. I've used a much more direct lineage from the original parts than that :)

You're right though mate it has been ALOT of work. Too much! - I'm afraid I have to say that I'm not actually planning to run these as a set. The nose assembly is way too fiddly to offer in the individual parts it comes together in. I also haven't set up the molds to do more than the 3 or so sets I need for myself and the two 'commercial' builds I'm doing. The idea is to bring some added value to them through these unique 'authentic' extras that won't exist anywhere else.These are the tip of the iceberg with what I've been playing around with on this though. Its been interesting...but painful work!

Also, on a more mundane level I simply don't have the time to wrangle them all together on top of what I've already got on my plate. Sorry. Wasn't meaning to raise hopes, just a quick show and tell really. I'll just have to see how it goes.

They look damn good to me. If these are on offer generally, count me in.

CJ, you have to model the parts in CG then get them 3D printed at the smaller scale, cleaned up and assembled. What you see there is a LOT of work by Nick.

S'funny, I was thinking over what you said last night and had an "oops" moment...I just kinda assumed you were modelling (or scanning) them, sorry!

So you used that weird-arse shrinking silicone then? :lol

Yup, and its very weird and cranky stuff indeed. When it works its great but it fights you all the way. I reckon I've pushed it to the limits on a few parts I've tried. Sometimes I won... sometimes it kicked my ass! :wacko

For the stuff that works out, what it does mean is that the parts you have been looking at are a 1st gen copy from the actual original kit details.

S'funny, I was thinking over what you said last night and had an "oops" moment...I just kinda assumed you were modelling (or scanning) them, sorry!

So you used that weird-arse shrinking silicone then? :lol

Yup, and its very weird and cranky stuff indeed. When it works its great but it fights you all the way. I reckon I've pushed it to the limits on a few parts I've tried. Sometimes I won... sometimes it kicked my ass! :wacko

For the stuff that works out, what it does mean is that the parts you have been looking at are a 1st gen copy from the actual original kit details.

LOL, I guess that means you won't be shrinking it down to 4105 anytime soon. :)

Awsome work though guys, absolutly amazing.

Hey everyone, quick update, a couple of kits have made there way to the post office but as usual i am slowed a bit by weather, 2nd day this week has already been cancelled for the kids and i am stuck home watching them again. I have only had a few hours free to work this week, and last week had a couple of closings as well, another storm headed here for next Monday too.

I'll keep shipping as fast as i can, only a few older orders need to go out so if i can get a good couple of days i will be all caught up. Most of the bigger parts are cast up, even for the more recent orders, it's just that bag of small parts that most kits need to cast.

I think i got back to everyones PM's, but the look of the mailbox here changed over my vacation and frankly, i am having trouble telling which PM's i have read or not read, so if you did not hear back from me, I apologize, and please try again.

thanks
mike

Here is a landing bay close up shot for reference.
BSG-TOS-LandingBay1_zpse318631a.jpg

That sucks. :( You could make a very quick sale to a certain Canadian member though, I am sure! (Speak up, JFPB, nows yer chance...)

Wow, what a cool looking kit Mike - it's probably way out of my price range (and I don't mean that to denigrate you in any way, shape or form - I'm just poor atm sadly). Perhaps in the future when I'm not poor. I'll send you a PM anyway to check the price out.

I'm coming back into modelling after a 20 year hiatus - even back then I was only average at model making imho, and I've never worked with Resin before, nor done any lighting. It'd probably be too complex for me.

But hell, it sure as does look perty!

Dave

Well, I received my kit today. You can look at the photos that Mike and everyone posted, but you don't really get the sense of scale until you hold it in your own hands and revel in it's detail and size. This is my first Salzo but won't be my last. All hail Mike.

TazMan2000

Oh, this is from Randy Cooper, in case it helps anyone out.

View attachment 275549

Have any other images come out like this showing placement for the other parts, by any chance? I found this pic to be quite useful but there are still a few pieces that leave me scratching my head.

Well, there's this...

View attachment 280001

- just out from Randy Cooper.

Do you happen to know when these are supposed to be sent out? I sent payment over a week ago but haven't heard anything since.

Randy's worth friending on FB - he's been posting quite a few pics of his build, with parts laid out.

I checked with Randy about my order and he did get my payment; he hadn't responded to me either, shouldn't be long I trust.

Thanks for the thought but the Galactica under discussion is about 1/1970, not 1/4105. These would be far too small.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back