35mm film reel search for the unreleased of fantastic four movie 1994

Obesedtofit

I am doing a world wide search for the 35mm film reel of the fantastic four 1994 that was never released the only high quality footage found was the 35mm trailer the movie was found on a vhs transfer in low quality in the late 2000 thats is on YouTube I need help and support if u know and leads let me know I will be making a documentary on finding the film reel and ill put ur name in documentary if u find any leads I really don't think avi Arad burnt the footage or all of them any help will be appreciated im going to need support

Why not contact the director and editor of the movie? They seem to be the last ones in possession of the negatives (and printed positives) to assemble that rough cut leaked on video. I’m guessing the transfer shop had a minimal budget to do the transfer and thus a relatively quality transfer wasn’t possible.

If you do locate them, could you ask them why their poster appears to be inspired by Halloween III’s poster, and thus appears to be advertising a horror movie.

3B24A63A-3BA7-4317-9E16-4BBE3445D536.jpeg

DD574FA3-8D92-4491-AA9F-19C4599853EE.jpeg

I was at Cormans Venice Beach studio for awhile running the art dept towards the end of it all. Stage 3 had the walls lined with film canisters, including the 35mm BW print of Star Wars Cameron had snuck in over the course of a few film projects in preparation for Battle Beyond the Stars. It was so Cameron could try and figure out how to copy the space ship FX but Roger refused the cost of the 35mm print... So Cameron snuck the cost in under petty cash over the course of a couple films. That Star Wars print is what caught my attention one day and when I started to look through those canisters, Death Race, Big Bad Momma, and Fantastic 4 stood out. When Corman sold that property and the partial film catalog all that went to the new owners if memory serves. That property is now condos. There were multiple in house screeners of Fantastic 4 as we would watch films or footage of various things after work on occasion. At a Christmas dinner on set I had asked Roger himself about the Star Wars print, hence how I got the story, and the Death Race, Big Bad Momma and F4 prints, he said they were the originals.

The only person I remember the name of in the editing/sound dept is Merry Cheers. She also worked on Reservoir Dogs and if memory serves, is one of those that were never paid for it. Not saying she would know or remember anything, but its a name to track down.

I was at Cormans Venice Beach studio for awhile running the art dept towards the end of it all. Stage 3 had the walls lined with film canisters, including the 35mm BW print of Star Wars Cameron had snuck in over the course of a few film projects in preparation for Battle Beyond the Stars. It was so Cameron could try and figure out how to copy the space ship FX but Roger refused the cost of the 35mm print... So Cameron snuck the cost in under petty cash over the course of a couple films. That Star Wars print is what caught my attention one day and when I started to look through those canisters, Death Race, Big Bad Momma, and Fantastic 4 stood out. When Corman sold that property and the partial film catalog all that went to the new owners if memory serves. That property is now condos. There were multiple in house screeners of Fantastic 4 as we would watch films or footage of various things after work on occasion. At a Christmas dinner on set I had asked Roger himself about the Star Wars print, hence how I got the story, and the Death Race, Big Bad Momma and F4 prints, he said they were the originals.

The only person I remember the name of in the editing/sound dept is Merry Cheers. She also worked on Reservoir Dogs and if memory serves, is one of those that were never paid for it. Not saying she would know or remember anything, but its a name to track down.
Thank u will look into this

Updates I found Footage Of Mr. Films on how they did the special effects for the movie with motion capture

Attachments

• y2meta.com - Alias Wavefront Animation - Demo Reel made on Silicon Graphics.mp4
    55.5 MB

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back