350th TOS "Ressurection"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, for the misunderstanding Shizman. I was talking about the 350th Refit kit that I put together for Kahn. I still have some molding and casting to do on the 50" Refit. I'm taking my time and trying to get it right. This is my first time casting anything this big and this detailed and complicated.

Oh the refit is ready to ship? I want in on one of those!

Underdog

Now that all the major work and lighting effect are in the BIG E.
I have been staying awake at night thinking of the new thing I can
do with your ship.

Blue lasers,red torpedo's,white lasers and on and on...

I got in a really great TSDS UFX LIGHTING SYSTEM going in her.
OH the warp engines..OOOHH I got some new and cool lighting,tiny
mirrors and new motors going into that..TeeHee

OK that's enough. I have to leave some surprises for your build..
Like the BIG E is going to be one for the ages... LOL

Thanks
Paul/kahn1701

Wow! That sounds awesome, I can't wait to get all of the parts together and get it shipped out to you. Even with the recent hack of this site by jerks with nothing better to do than destroy others work and opportunity to show their work, I've been very busy working on the 350th for you, the 47" TOS, the 50" Refit, the I:I Cylon and a couple of other things. I'm working up a new shuttlebay for both and a new impulse engine, amongst other things. I did find my box of detail parts, but there are a couple of things that I still want to enhance.

Underdog

Now that all the major work and lighting effect are in the BIG E.
I have been staying awake at night thinking of the new thing I can
do with your ship.

Blue lasers,red torpedo's,white lasers and on and on...

I got in a really great TSDS UFX LIGHTING SYSTEM going in her.
OH the warp engines..OOOHH I got some new and cool lighting,tiny
mirrors and new motors going into that..TeeHee

OK that's enough. I have to leave some surprises for your build..
Like the BIG E is going to be one for the ages... LOL

Thanks
Paul/kahn1701

I finally got all of the best parts together and recieved the new inner nacelle detail, for both my kit and AW Studios versions of the 350th TOS Enterprise.
I've been reworking all of the old parts first, as well as working up the shuttlebay and starting on some of the new parts (not shown).

Below are a couple of pics of the recent progress. As you can see, there are several different domes for coming up with a cool layered effect for the nacelle domes. You have your choice between clear and translucent outer domes with either clear, or translucent inner domes to paint the fan blades onto. I'll be casting a couple of sets of water-clear domes as well.

BTW, for those that are interested here's a link to my cardcraft blog.....

http://mtkcardcraft.blogspot.com/2011_02_01_archive.html

...and here's a link to one of the card-modeling forums where I'm working on several more TOS era projects....

http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/alternate-dimensions/15335-tos-trek-files.html

Last edited:
Great stuff ..Please keep on Trecking....

I'm on it and have more to show and more tomorrow. I've been working on this card model for some time and I've sized it to match this ship, so that when you get the clear-cast version of this with all of the go fasters, you can use these templates to help plot things out. I'll be giving this card model to the community for free, so that all of those that want to can do the same thing I did and take the pure joy of creating their own ships instead of sitting around talking about it for five years. LOL! Additionally, I'll be send you copies of this cool dreanaught in the same scale.

I'm on it and have more to show and more tomorrow. I've been working on this card model for some time and I've sized it to match this ship, so that when you get the clear-cast version of this with all of the go fasters, you can use these templates to help plot things out. I'll be giving this card model to the community for free, so that all of those that want to can do the same thing I did and take the pure joy of creating their own ships instead of sitting around talking about it for five years. LOL! Additionally, I'll be send you copies of this cool dreanaught in the same scale.

So, how did you like that whole card model thingy? I think it's awesome, especially since that is what got me into the whole scratch building models thing.

Last edited:
. It just keeps getting better.
Its fun how you start one thing and it leads you
In a hole new direction in life.
Thank god for small favors..

Thank again.
Paul/kahn1701

. It just keeps getting better.
Its fun how you start one thing and it leads you
In a hole new direction in life.
Thank god for small favors..

Thank again.
Paul/kahn1701

I know right? I'll be updating this thread shortly, sorry for the delay Paul, but I've been in the zone the last few days and have just now started updating threads, got a lot to show. I've been reworking and repairing and inventorying all of the parts and looking into getting you some new ones. I've even picked up some more supplies and should start making molds. The original masters were set up for vacuum forming, so I've had to make some changes to make them ready for molding and casting. I can't wait for you to get ahold of the new parts and start work on the kit. I've seen your videos and the work you've done thus far on Steve's kit is awesome.

Underdog

No problemo bro..

I know exactly what you mean about (in the zone).

It is a great honer for me that you are entrusting me with your work..
I'm humbled......

It a great wonder for me to watch all the hard work,skill and dedication
you put into your work.

I can't wait to start work on your kit.
I look forward to bringing your dream to life.

The BIG E is almost dune now..(Video today)

Thanks for your support.

Underdog

No problemo bro..

I know exactly what you mean about (in the zone).

It is a great honer for me that you are entrusting me with your work..
I'm humbled......

It a great wonder for me to watch all the hard work,skill and dedication
you put into your work.

I can't wait to start work on your kit.
I look forward to bringing your dream to life.

You know Paul, your attention to detail and inventiveness in your work shows through, your work speaks for itself. I can't wait to see the new movie and I can't wait for you to get my ship.

The BIG E is almost dune now..(Video today)

Thanks for your support.

You know Paul, your attention to detail and inventiveness in your work shows through, your work speaks for itself. I can't wait to see the new movie and I can't wait for you to get my ship.

I've got a few pics for you and a little narrative.... I was working on the masters and knocked one half of the engineering hull off of the workbench and it cracked through the neck, so I had to reset it and I'm in the process of the cleanup of it now. I've been filling in the notches on the lower primary hull, because they were deep for vacuum forming, but don't need to be so for a straight cast. I've included a shot of the BOP, because I was working on them at the same time. You know, I'm really going to have to go back and make a D-7 to go with these two. I'll be showing some shots of the new hanger bay and some of the work I'm doing on my build next. Take care and Keep on Trekkin! =/\=

BTW, I found the port and starboard details for the main engineering hull, but they are from the first run, before any corrections, so I'm going to recreating them.

I've tried to post this three times now and have been knocked off of the forum and one of the photos is missing.....???? OK, now the forth time....???

Last edited:
Underdog

WoW
Now that the BIG E is getting close.
I'm starting to have trouble sleeping at
night. Thinking of all the cool thing I'm going
to do with your ship...OOOHHH Love it..

Whats that you say BOP?????
Oh Now I really can't sleep...
Please send pick..Or any info..PLEASE
I might have to build two of your creations..LOL

It a good thing my wife is very understanding..LOL