34 inch Narcissus scratchbuild near studio scale I hope.

barrie

hello everyone,
here is my attempt at a studio scale Narcissus scratchbuild, I am not sure if I have got all the angles quite right as information on the Narcissus is not great and I had to work from a small set of drawing I got from the good old internet ( what would I do with out it ). anyway the models is approx 34 inches long 30 inches wide and about 10 inches deep. It took me just over three weeks to build ( I am retired with lots of time ) and was fun to do as it was not to BIG to handle as some of my other models have been in the past. All built from plastic sheet and then the various old kit bits along with a good helping of evergreen rod tube and all manner of other shapes they do. Please let me know what you think and be honest as this will help with future models and help me to improve ( I hope ) the model will soon be on display at TRANSPORT MODELS OF PRESTON LANCASHIRE soon.

regards Barrie ( the old guy )

Attachments

• DSCF1024.jpg
    DSCF1024.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 245
  • DSCF1093.jpg
    DSCF1093.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 228
  • DSCF1634.jpg
    DSCF1634.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 284
  • DSCF1770.jpg
    DSCF1770.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 239
  • DSCF1772.jpg
    DSCF1772.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 261
  • DSCF1810.jpg
    DSCF1810.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 257
  • DSCF1808.jpg
    DSCF1808.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 283
  • DSCF1806.jpg
    DSCF1806.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 264
  • DSCF1700.jpg
    DSCF1700.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 301
  • DSCF1769.jpg
    DSCF1769.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 250
That Narcissus rocks big time Barrie...and to do this in 3 weeks is even more incredible (ah, the joy of being retired:)) Eager to see her all banged up and with the decals.

Well as someone that's been working on a Narcissus for over 3 years! I have to say you've done a great job. Just needs a little weathering on the front half (the back half was clean as it was covered by the retractable cover) and you're done. You're very close to Studio scale too.

WOW Lee, I wish I had seen some of your work before I began brilliant, being retired has its benifits though loads of model time.
regards Barrie, Hope that you complete your Narcissus soon it will be astounding thanks for the colour tips though painting is not my strong point I just love to build.

YES Joberg retirement has its good points ( thought it means your old ) ish I will stick some more pics on when I get the courage to add weathering and decals not my strong point on that side on model making I am a builder first and formost.

regards Barrie ( the old guy ) retired or retarded as my partner Carol calls me.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back