32" Falcon Damage

PHArchivist

Master Member
32" Falcon Damage

This is probably old news. We've discussed ad naseum the number of missing parts from the original filming model. And this part has probably long since been identified as one that has been lost.

But its been a long while since I've personally looked at the available reference pictures, and this popped out to me.

049.jpg

As you all surely know, these are from two separate (and separated by years) museum exhibits, just going to show that the old bird indeed incurs damage as she travels 'round and 'round.

Last edited:
I've noticed this piece missing in some of the recent exhibit pics. Makes you wonder, if the personnel knock pieces off of these models when moving them around why don't they have someone re-attatching them? I find it hard to believe that they would just leave them damaged.

Fairly often the fall off in transit and end up in the bottom of the box. Sometimes going un-noticed. Hopefully one day it'll stay in one location and then repaired.

True. It's just heartbreaking seeing models like vader's tie with a smashed windshield. Maybe one day Lucas can bring all the models back and have them repaired professionally.

True. It's just heartbreaking seeing models like vader's tie with a smashed windshield. Maybe one day Lucas can bring all the models back and have them repaired professionally.

And most certainly today with 3D printing, it could be easily done (not to disregard Julien's point).

The four footer as well. There are a lot of very crudely reglued parts, which I'd like to think were not done by anyone at the Archives....but rather, museum workers trying their unskilled best to fix oopsies.

Seeing as how I just read a thread about someone stealing the head of a long dead director. I am a little more inclined to believe some pieces are missing as souvenirs...

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back