32" Falcon Damage

Discussion in 'Studio Scale Models' started by PHArchivist, Jul 20, 2015.

1. PHArchivist

PHArchivist Master Member

32" Falcon Damage

This is probably old news. We've discussed ad naseum the number of missing parts from the original filming model. And this part has probably long since been identified as one that has been lost.

But its been a long while since I've personally looked at the available reference pictures, and this popped out to me.

049.jpg

As you all surely know, these are from two separate (and separated by years) museum exhibits, just going to show that the old bird indeed incurs damage as she travels 'round and 'round.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
  2. morsesith21

morsesith21 Well-Known Member

I've noticed this piece missing in some of the recent exhibit pics. Makes you wonder, if the personnel knock pieces off of these models when moving them around why don't they have someone re-attatching them? I find it hard to believe that they would just leave them damaged.

3. Lee S

Lee S Sr Member

Fairly often the fall off in transit and end up in the bottom of the box. Sometimes going un-noticed. Hopefully one day it'll stay in one location and then repaired.

4. MonsieurTox

MonsieurTox Master Member

Better to not reattach them than putting them back the wrong way like they did on the star destroyer.

5. morsesith21

morsesith21 Well-Known Member

True. It's just heartbreaking seeing models like vader's tie with a smashed windshield. Maybe one day Lucas can bring all the models back and have them repaired professionally.

6. Jaitea

Jaitea Master Member

Its sad to see

& this bit is gone now, you can see it's cracked in the first pic:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

J

7. PHArchivist

PHArchivist Master Member

And most certainly today with 3D printing, it could be easily done (not to disregard Julien's point).

8. Treadwell

Treadwell Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

The four footer as well. There are a lot of very crudely reglued parts, which I'd like to think were not done by anyone at the Archives....but rather, museum workers trying their unskilled best to fix oopsies.

9. Josemne

Josemne New Member

Seeing as how I just read a thread about someone stealing the head of a long dead director. I am a little more inclined to believe some pieces are missing as souvenirs...

10. leyrich

leyrich Well-Known Member

then. VEH_IA_886.jpg .. image7.jpg ....:D......now.. img_1502.jpg image0.jpg ....:cry

Last edited: Jul 21, 2015