3 more Pred paint ups

mangrasshopper

Well, Here are a few more finished Predator kits....the last few of 2009.
thanks for looking!
Happy New Year!!

AVP Celtic

Dark Hunter +2

Double Axe

And I "may" finish one more before 2010...maybe...

Last edited by a moderator:
More God like work :) How you ever get so much detail crammed into something so small is beyond me and the spots? How in the name of God do you get them so small and in the hundreds? Amazing stuff

Thanks guys!
Yeah.....lots of spots...just takes time and a very small brush.......and good tunes playing in the background!
as for my AB, I use a Badger Sotar 20/20 airbrush. Great AB, very easy to clean and sprays some great fine lines!

my god i'd swear those were real creatures standing there! they're all unbelievable but i just cant understand how you get the different layers of the real faded spots to the real dark ones??? do you have to paint the spots on the skin and then lightly use the skin color to go back over the spots to fade them? and then of course have to paint the dark spots over top of that? i don't know buddy, mind blowing work my friend

Wow... thanks for scaring my kit-painting testicles back up inside me!!

Man, those paintups are just awesome. No, they're actually ******* insane! There's just so much to look at, I really get sucked into your paintups. The Darkhunter, while not one of my favorite Predator kits, looks pretty damn good. Probably my favorite out of the trio. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I'm using the Sotar, as well, spraying anywhere from 5 - 12 PSi, and I'm having a lot of trouble with the paint drying and "gunking" on the needle sticking out from the tip... Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!
how you get the different layers of the real faded spots to the real dark ones??? do you have to paint the spots on the skin and then lightly use the skin color to go back over the spots to fade them? and then of course have to paint the dark spots over top of that? i don't know buddy, mind blowing work my friend

Yep...takes time and good tunes!!! lol!

Where is that AVP Celtic Kit from?
Got it from Predatorstuff back in the day....I know nightmare collectibles sells it as well.

Those are ,how can I saw it,totally badass.The detail you have in each kit is excellent.They almost look alive,great job.Any advice for someone looking at doing their first figure?

Thanks Daren

I am so bummed I sold my dark hunter +2 kit now. Especially since I saw this paint up now I know how it could have looked with a nice paint job on it.

you gives predators a new life with those gifted skills, saw some copy cat painting based your works, still far a way from your style...:D

model4hobby on ebay do awesome paint job to.

I bought ,Death warrior, barbarian, and samurai queen in this shop.

Joe dunaway is more talented, but this team is very good

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back