3 Custom Helmets ( Picture Intensive )

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Crank729

Sr Member
Last year, I was contacted by a Canadian Electronic band about making them some helmets for stage shows/photo shoots/ all that fun stuff. They shipped me over the designs, and I got to work. I agreed to make them 3 helmets, all of which would be slightly different in one way or another.

Now, I'm gonna try to catch you fine people up on over 12 months worth or progress. Enjoy the pics.

SCULPT​ING

MOLDING

CASTING AND PAINTING

Well, sorry if this is hard to follow...If you want to see more photos and descriptions of everything that is going on, check out my flickr here.

TGS - a set on Flickr

I still have to finish them, but I will be done soon! I still have to build a whole other helmet.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Crank729

Sr Member
Got some clean up work done on the inside of the white helmet.

The inside is a pretty messy, but it's going to be covered in more foam pieces for head support. I'm not worried.

And the lights work too!!!

More to come.

Rinzler

I've go a completed one on my bench I never did anything with seeing the variations you have done gives me inspiration to mod mine, brilliant work btw!

Satchmo III

Cool process. I like the idea of making a base mold and modifying the casts to be different/personalized. Did you dye or spray the face-shield on the white helmet?

Crank729

Sr Member
The white helmet is done. Now I have 2 more to finish...with only 14 days left......

Really pleased with how this first one came out. More to come.