Limited Run 2nd Run of Accurate RotJ Force Pike - Weapon of the Emperor's Royal Guard

tomleech

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi all!

As you may or may not be aware I've received a consistent trickle of messages asking about my original Force Pike run and recently the interest seems to be rising, (surely the result of Inquisitor Peregrinus' prodding, so you can thank/blame them as appropriate :D ) and I think interest levels are high enough to sustain a second run of these!

Obviously the number of people actually committing is always lower than the number of people who say they will, so it's still up in the air whether we'll actually get enough deposits to make it happen, but I've decided to push ahead and find out :D

For those unaware of the original run, the thread can be found here: Limited Run - Accurate RotJ Force Pike - Weapon of the Emperor's Royal Guard

Also my public research can be seen in this thread: RotJ Force Pike Accurate Build/Research but I will summarise the salient points here:
  • Extremely accurate model designed from many close-up reference pictures, screen caps and photos of the exhibited prop and accurately scaled from multiple known pieces.
  • Fully CNC machined from aluminum, polished and selectively anodized black to accurately resemble the filming prop. The top 'gear' section will be machined from steel just like the real found piece and the pommel will be transparent acrylic as on the real prop.
  • Electronics capable - the original prop had a light inside to illuminate the pommel and there will be space inside to install a light and battery to replicate this functionality or even to go beyond the real prop and add soundboard/speaker if that's what you're into.
Here are some pictures of a completed pike form the first run, and I also invite anyone from the first run to share their pictures/experiences! :)

IMG_3126.JPGIMG_3129.JPGIMG_3130 2.JPGIMG_3131.JPGIMG_3132.JPGIMG_3133 2.JPG

Obviously due to increased costs and ...everything... in the 4 years since the first run I won't be able to offer these at the price they originally were but I'm hoping enough people follow through that we can still make it happen.

I have some preliminary quotes from the machine shop for a run of 50 of these to be completed within a few of months of the start of the run. I do not need all 50 sign ups for the run to go ahead but if we don't have suffient numbers I may have to contact everyone on the list to see if we can figure out a new cost that will let us scrape together the funds get these made.

I plan for the pre-order price to be $295 per pike, payable as a $150 deposit before the run begins and a second payment of the remaining amount plus shipping to be paid once they are ready to ship. As with the previous run, this price is only for pre-orders with deposits paid before close of the pre-order period and I am tentatively planning for any remaining pikes to be available at $345.

To sign up please PayPal your $150 deposit to tom@proplicator.com with your RPF name, real name and address and comment here stating that you are in. I will keep an updated list here in this post. I do not currently have a date for closing of pre-orders as actual deposit numbers will determine whether or not we can do the run. Please only send the deposit if you are committed to this run as deposits will only be refunded if the run fails to go ahead. As with the previous run, if you wish to back out you'll need to find someone to take your spot :)

--------------------------
UPDATE August 10th 2022

The closing date for pre-orders will be Thursday the 1st of September 2022, three weeks from now. As mentioned, once pre-orders are closed any remaining reserved spots with unpaid deposits will no longer be eligible for the pre-order price and will instead need to pay the full amount.

If you were waiting, the time is NOW! :D

UPDATE September 2nd 2022

Pre orders are now officially CLOSED!

Looks like we will have a few spares which will be available once pre-orders are all dealt with.

The factory have given a lead time of 4-5 weeks, I am realistically expecting it to take longer but I have discussed the issue with the imperfect finishing on the previous run in the hope that we can avoid that this time.

I will post updates here as I receive them from the factory but now we begin the hard part - The Wait.

UPDATE October 6th 2022

I have received a picture of some of the parts in progress from the factory, thought you'd enjoy seeing it :)

Machining finished parts-10.6.png

UPDATE December 5th 2022

Welp, the good news is I've checked through the pikes and they all look great!
The anodising/polishing is smoother and sharper than last time.

tempImagesXh9xc.pngtempImageqbkI4s.png

The bad news is now you've gotta pay for em!
Calculating the shipping cost now and I'll reach out individually once I've got your final total.

Everyone should have got a final total or a message about your address now :)

1. kurtyboy - Shipped
2. Jamesfett - Shipped
3. JoeG - Shipped
4. Darth Elevator - Shipped
5. GhostOfThrawn - Shipped
6. ScourgiousJinx - Shipped
7. Slave1 - Fully paid - Shipped
8. djedi - Fully paid - Shipped
9. OddballFett - Fully paid - Shipped
10. Synz314 - Fully paid - Shipped

11. Johann - Partially paid
12. Corbadda - Fully paid - Shipped with 41.
13. Scimitar - Fully paid - Shipped
14. Romlyn - Fully paid - Shipped
15. Ryan Clinton - Fully paid - Shipped
16. JtheTrenchKnigh - Fully paid - Shipped
17. ianeluigi - Fully paid - Shipped
18. Rafite - Fully paid - Shipped
19. Fekali - Fully paid - Shipped
20. Cinistar - Fully paid - Shipped

21-26. Inquisitor Peregrinus - Deposit paid
27. FO3Winger - Fully paid - Shipped
28. hokie1 - Fully paid - Shipped
29. JetSetWilly - Fully paid - Shipped
30. kjkelley - Fully paid - Shipped

31. RoyalGuard - Deposit paid
32. Erice3339 - Fully paid - Shipped
33. crighton - Fully paid - Shipped
34. Feedback - Fully paid - Shipped
35. Darth Napster - Fully paid - Shipped
36. Vdubbri - Fully paid - Shipped
37. PrinceZip - Fully paid - Shipped
38. PufferGlitch - Fully paid - Shipped
39. ethanyu - Fully paid - Shipped
40. Retroneon - Fully paid - Shipped
41. Corbadda (2nd pike) - Fully paid - Shipped with 12.
42. smileshope - Fully paid - Shipped

Last edited:
I assume so. I copied and pasted and the receipt says "The Proplicator." I imagine it just hasn't showed on your side yet.

I assume so. I copied and pasted and the receipt says "The Proplicator." I imagine it just hasn't showed on your side yet.
Did it go through or is it Pending? I sent mine and it got held up for "security check" so it's listed as Pending, which has happened before. Not sure if that would affect how it's showing up on Tom's end?

Hello, this is JJ Jose Juan Gonzalez Rannauro from Córdoba, Veracruz - Mexico. I just paid, the payment will be relase within 72 hours. Greetings

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back