"24": Jack Bauer's Bag 'o Tricks

Jack Bauer

Sr Member
For a couple of months I have been looking for a bag with one strap to carry around because I always have STUFF. But most are leather, or some cheap material and the straps are always uncomfortable. I have never liked the way a backpack feels, even with one strap around one shoulder.

I also didn't want to look like Jerry Seinfeld and his little purse. I didn't want a back pack, just one strap. Not too big. Not too small.

You know..... Like Jack Bauer has on "24" Day 5. So I figured "ok, time to geek out. what the hell?" and got one. This thing is sturdy as hell.

bag2dd.jpg

Now you won't see me walking around in the 1375 Elite Metal Aviator Sunglasses with Mirror Lens, but I like my bag. It is actualy pretty comfortable to wear.

The Heavyweight Classic Messenger Sack.

This particular bag/sack is made by ROTHCO Classic Packs & Sacks. Many places sell them. You just gotta know what you are lookng for. This one is STYLE #:9148 and can be purchased by more then just ROTHCO. They cost anywhere from $17 to $28 USD depending on where you buy them.

You can get them here:
http://www.flyingtigerssurplus.com/c-6-p-772-id-6.html

here:
http://www.wholesalearmynavy.com/proddetail.asp?prod=9148

and here: (best price I've seen)
http://www.campingsurvival.com/hwclmebag.html

Hacksaw not included.

I was about to order one a few weeks ago, but I did a little more research and found out that there really is no extra support to cover your goods (ie. no zipper or button). It's just that big flap that stops someone from reaching in and grabbing something.

Originally posted by Thatguy@Mar 17 2006, 11:10 PM
there really is no extra support to cover your goods (ie. no zipper or button).  It's just that big flap that stops someone from reaching in and grabbing something.
[snapback]1208102[/snapback]​

Well we all know Jack has no problems protecting his purse. :p

I have a smaller version of that bag I used as an Indy bag back before anyone knew what kind of bag he had. Mine is over 20 years old and has alot more miles in it. Hope yours lasts as long or longer.

Just bought one for my father-in-law's birthday; he's a huge fan of the show. Anyone making or have a set of ID's I could download and print? Or buy, if they're cheap enough. My wife and I plan to give him the first season wrapped in the bag, but an ID or two would really finish it off well. He already likes my Mark VII, so now he can have a suitable "murse" of his own. :lol

Thanks for the item identification guys, it couldn't have come at a better time.

Originally posted by FETTCLONE@Apr 9 2006, 11:19 PM
Just bought one for my father-in-law's birthday; he's a huge fan of the show.  Anyone making or have a set of ID's I could download and print?  Or buy, if they're cheap enough.  My wife and I plan to give him the first season wrapped in the bag, but an ID or two would really finish it off well.  He already likes my Mark VII, so now he can have a suitable "murse" of his own. :lol

Thanks for the item identification guys, it couldn't have come at a better time.
[snapback]1223419[/snapback]​

If he likes the MKVII, he'd like a US issued Mussette bag as well. I use one of these myself.

They are what were issued to the paratroopers and to the marines during WWII. Designed in 1936 and updated in 1945. They can take the standard US issued shoulder strap. Strong and durable. The ones made in 1945 are of more durable and thicker canvas compared to the 1941 and 43's. Plus they aren't as expensive.

Here's one on Ebay to show you what they look like.

Musette Bag

Good to know. I agree, if he likes these that would be a pretty good option as well. Too bad I can't get cheap airsofts here in Canada... I'd already have the "bag of tricks" filled up. :lol

Thanks Gav.

We had a baby in feb, and I'm thinking if I gotta carry a diaper bag, maybe I should get one that would look cool and have enough room for my hacksaw .

Kell

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back