"24": Jack Bauer's Bag 'o Tricks

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kell @ Apr 18 2006, 11:25 PM) [snapback]1228829[/snapback]</div>
We had a baby in feb, and I'm thinking if I gotta carry a diaper bag, maybe I should get one that would look cool and have enough room for my hacksaw .

Kell
[/b]
Nope, not V.Mars' bag.

Congrats on the little one Kell. :D

I just bought one from armynavydeals on ebay. $31 buy it now with shipping. Cheeper with bidding.

I've had my bag for a while, and always felt that the strap was too green. I thought that Jack's bag might actually be khaki at first, but I've seen several people around with the khaki version, and it's just too light in color. So now I'm pretty sure that Jack's bag is the OD green, but the strap on his is different than mine. Like I said, my strap is very green when compared to the bag. Jack's looks to be closer to the color of the bag itself. Anybody elso notice this. Best I can figure is that there are two different strap colors.

I think his bag has been very weathered. Multiple washigs, and fadings. To give it a very old and used look. I also believe though that his strap is longer then the one that comes with the bag. Meaning they found a longeer strap as close to the color as possible to make it a bit longer. So I am thinking maybe that strap on Jack's screen used bag, is not the strap that came with it but was made by wardrobe.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jack Bauer @ Apr 26 2006, 03:43 PM) [snapback]1233619[/snapback]</div>
I also believe though that his strap is longer then the one that comes with the bag. Meaning they found a longeer strap as close to the color as possible to make it a bit longer. So I am thinking maybe that strap on Jack's screen used bag, is not the strap that came with it but was made by wardrobe.
[/b]

I have been thinking the same thing. The strap has probably been replaced at some point.

I wonder how many bags they have as I am sure they do not use just one.

Really? You think it can be longer? I've got my bag right here, and judging from those first couple pics on the thread, the bag falls in just about the same place. I'm 6'0" with a pretty similar build to Kiefer, so that's all I can go on. Not saying it's impossible, especially because of the color variation. But one thing they may have done, if straps were changed, is take the strap form a khaki version of the same bag and put it on the weathered green one. I've seen it up close and looks to be the same color.

So, what do you think's in the bag besides a hack saw, phone, and gun? Or, what would a person in Jack's position need to have in their sack? I'm thinking maybe a lighter, flash light, pens and paper, binoculars, and knife.

What else?

-Aaron

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(extreme_too2 @ May 10 2006, 06:40 PM) [snapback]1242211[/snapback]</div>
So, what do you think's in the bag besides a hack saw, phone, and gun? Or, what would a person in Jack's position need to have in their sack? I'm thinking maybe a lighter, flash light, pens and paper, binoculars, and knife.

What else?

-Aaron
[/b]

Smoke grenades, definitely smoke grenades....maybe a flash-bang too. Oh and instead of binocs, go for a monocular loke Jack is using this season.

OK, I've been working on weathering my bag to match the color of Jack's better. I washed it once, but the best way to fade the bag is actually the sun. Exposure to the sun will fade the canvas to just the right color. So far, my bag is almost completely faded, except the back and inside. There is still the question about the strap color though. Like I said earlier, the strap is a deep green, and the one on the show is a lighter true OD. I've noticed a little lightening on my strap, but I don't think it will fade to match Jack's. The best I can come up with is that the factory actually has two different shades of green straps. The one I have, and the lighter OD. Look here: http://www.rpf.invisionzone.com/index.php?...1&hl=jack+bauer I believe the strap color is closer to the one on the show. The picture makes it look Khaki, but the owner says that it is indeed OD. I haven't taken any pictures of my bag, but I can't see my strap shade of green being THAT dilutted by a camera. So that's it for now. I'll take some pics when I get around to it. Thoughts?

Ok got some pics. One with flash, one without.

[attachmentid=8127]
[attachmentid=8128]

I recieved a TV gudie today, issue May 29-June 4 and on page 38 they show Jacks bag from the show. I guess it could be official. Here is the link to the bag that TV guide gives

http://www.fatiguesarmynavy.com/store/item/FA1955

but I still think we have found the exact one. The one from fatiguesarmynavy.com has a handlestrap to cary it and his bag doesnt ever have that. Just thought this was interesting.

Great weathering Knightsaber. About the strap, as I have mentioned before, received from a pretty good source was the info that Jack's strap was added after purchase and was not the strap that came with the bag. It was changesd for length. IT was probably an aftermarket strap that did not come with that model bag. This is not yet 100% confirmed. But makes alot of sense. Given shots of the bag and length of the factory strap compared to Jack's in the show.

<div class='quotetop'>(Kal-ElofKrypton @ May 24 2006, 04:46 PM) [snapback]1250099[/snapback]</div>
I recieved a TV gudie today, issue May 29-June 4 and on page 38 they show Jacks bag from the show. I guess it could be official. Here is the link to the bag that TV guide gives

http://www.fatiguesarmynavy.com/store/item/FA1955

but I still think we have found the exact one. The one from fatiguesarmynavy.com has a handlestrap to cary it and his bag doesnt ever have that. Just thought this was interesting.
[/b]

The ones in that link look wrong to me. Just look at the pics in the 1st post here. Those are pics of the show bag and my bag with hacksaw.

<div class='quotetop'>(Scarecrow @ May 19 2006, 01:58 PM) [snapback]1247074[/snapback]</div>
Is anyone making any other props from the series? A gas canister, maybe?
[/b]

Yes. and Yes. Once i get the ball rolling I'll post more info.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Knightsaber @ Apr 24 2006, 04:01 PM) [snapback]1232438[/snapback]</div>
I thought that Jack's bag might actually be khaki at first, but I've seen several people around with the khaki version, and it's just too light in color. So now I'm pretty sure that Jack's bag is the OD green
[/b]
Where can the bag be purchased in OD green? I see no option to choose color from any of the links above.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Andy @ Jan 31 2007, 10:57 AM) [snapback]1408664[/snapback]</div>
24805BP~The-Simpsons-Mr-Burns-Excellent.jpg

Thanks.

Well, you'll probably be getting the OD one as well...For some reason that pic they have makes it look very light. But Jack's was indeed green. It just sat in the sun for a good long while. The strap was also green, but it looked different because of lighting and other changes made in post. Still don't know where to get the khaki one, but I know for a fact that it exists. I've seen plenty of people around the city with 'em.

- John

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back