2021 Indiana Jones Costume and Gear Info

I have a Todd's belt, holster and whip holder and they're fine. The whip holder is black; I'm not sure that's screen accurate (and I got my stuff about 12-15 years ago). I don't know what they look like now.

My shirt came from Todd's (Coyle brand) and it's been fine.

I have a Todd's belt, holster and whip holder and they're fine. The whip holder is black; I'm not sure that's screen accurate (and I got my stuff about 12-15 years ago). I don't know what they look like now.

My shirt came from Todd's (Coyle brand) and it's been fine.
Gotcha. Would there be a different seller you'd recommend? Also, I noticed Wested has an Indy combo with the jacket, shirt, pants, whip and such, but the combo doesn't include the Legacy Jacket line. Is the combo worth it or should I stick with getting the Legacy Raiders jacket? I'd like screen accuracy

There's another brand "Steele & Jones" out of Mexico I think, I've been reading about on club obi wan.

If I were in the market for a jacket, I'd get caught up over there with what's changed in the last ten years.

In other words: I'm not really in a position to make a suggestion, as the game has changed.

BUT, when I got my Wested (with lots of minor changes) it was pretty good- about as good as you could get at the time for Raiders. But I deviated and got mine made from horse hide, which is more historically accurate, but not screen accurate. I wouldn't mind one of Wested's legacy jackets, with the old label and other changes. It looks like a nice option. But the S&J one, it looks like they went on a deep dive to get the details down to the type and part of the animal used for different panels of the jacket. (Those "rib" marks on the right shoulder for example). But I don't know enough to say "go get that one", so research before you drop your coin!

There's another brand "Steele & Jones" out of Mexico I think, I've been reading about on club obi wan.

If I were in the market for a jacket, I'd get caught up over there with what's changed in the last ten years.

In other words: I'm not really in a position to make a suggestion, as the game has changed.

BUT, when I got my Wested (with lots of minor changes) it was pretty good- about as good as you could get at the time for Raiders. But I deviated and got mine made from horse hide, which is more historically accurate, but not screen accurate. I wouldn't mind one of Wested's legacy jackets, with the old label and other changes. It looks like a nice option. But the S&J one, it looks like they went on a deep dive to get the details down to the type and part of the animal used for different panels of the jacket. (Those "rib" marks on the right shoulder for example). But I don't know enough to say "go get that one", so research before you drop your coin!
Got it. I'll join some forums and see what's up. I also might return my hat from Advintage whenever I receive it. I accidentally purchased the raiders hat without a turn and without the bright sable option. Perhaps I will buy the Steele & Jones hat instead.

I’d join at club obI wan and do some reading. Heck you don’t have to join to read (I don’t think so?)

That’s where I did all my research back when I built my costume.

My (new) user name is JimL over there now because their new software can’t handle my original one (J!m)

Maybe I’ll change it to ID10T…

Thanks! I'll probably get his belt, holster and whip holder then
I got Todd's whip; holster and whip holder. Depending on your preference there's some aging to do, but the quality is outstanding (although I'm not using the whip to swing over pits or attack Nazi's... so I'm talking about the quality as a cosmetic item).

I own a shirt from Wested in a standard size, which doesn't fit me to well. The quality is okay, but I also own a custom shirt from Magnoli, and I much prefer the latter as i find the material more comfortable (and obviously it's a better fit, but that's due to the fact that it's made to measure).

Curious what you decide on the jacket and looking forward to hearing your review.

I own two Wested (Raiders & Last Crusade) jackets and a Steel & Jones (LC) and I can say you will definitely not be disappointed in Steel & Jones. They are incredibly knowledgable about every last detail (especially if you decide to get it distressed) of each of the jackets and will walk you through the process of measuring/selecting options to make sure you get the perfect jacket.

For belt, holster, & whip holder, you should consider David Richardson (www.makeitjones.co.uk) - super-high quality work, fast shipping (he is in the UK FYI, but the packages to the US always arrive really fast!).

For the shirt, consider Azuma - he does runs regularly over on Club Obi Wan (definitely get registered there too!) and I believe he has a few left from his latest run if you size happens to be available.

I got Todd's whip; holster and whip holder. Depending on your preference there's some aging to do, but the quality is outstanding (although I'm not using the whip to swing over pits or attack Nazi's... so I'm talking about the quality as a cosmetic item).

I own a shirt from Wested in a standard size, which doesn't fit me to well. The quality is okay, but I also own a custom shirt from Magnoli, and I much prefer the latter as i find the material more comfortable (and obviously it's a better fit, but that's due to the fact that it's made to measure).

Curious what you decide on the jacket and looking forward to hearing your review.
For the Magnoli indy shirt, did you do the $145 or $85 shirt.

EDIT: woops I just reread your comment and it seems you did the $145 since you had it custom

I own two Wested (Raiders & Last Crusade) jackets and a Steel & Jones (LC) and I can say you will definitely not be disappointed in Steel & Jones. They are incredibly knowledgable about every last detail (especially if you decide to get it distressed) of each of the jackets and will walk you through the process of measuring/selecting options to make sure you get the perfect jacket.

For belt, holster, & whip holder, you should consider David Richardson (www.makeitjones.co.uk) - super-high quality work, fast shipping (he is in the UK FYI, but the packages to the US always arrive really fast!).

For the shirt, consider Azuma - he does runs regularly over on Club Obi Wan (definitely get registered there too!) and I believe he has a few left from his latest run if you size happens to be available.
The S&J jackets cost a bit more than the Wested Legacy one, so I think I will go for Wested. I just contacted Azuma through etsy as my club obi-wan account hasn't been activated yet (I just registered). Where do you think I should grab the pants?

For the Magnoli indy shirt, did you do the $145 or $85 shirt.

EDIT: woops I just reread your comment and it seems you did the $145 since you had it custom

I bought the $125 shirt, and I had to post that just to confuse you :p. (It was a few years ago, and appearantly Magnoli made a serious correction for inflation or I got it at a discount back then...). If standard sizes fit you well, I think the $85 shirt is worth the purchase too.

Wested or What Pricy Glory for the trousers.

Sean
So I bought the smallest WPG trousers and they were too big. I looked at the wested website and it comes at a fixed size, where the minimum inside leg length is 34.5", but I am 28-29". I contacted them to see if I could get it custom tailored.

So I bought the smallest WPG trousers and they were too big. I looked at the wested website and it comes at a fixed size, where the minimum inside leg length is 34.5", but I am 28-29". I contacted them to see if I could get it custom tailored.

That's un-hemmed, you are supposed to take them to your tailor when you get them and have the leg length finished.

The hem should be done with the correct shoes on, and it is (I think it's called) a "military hem" or something- the front of the hem is about 3/4" higher than the rear, so the front crease is not wrinkled when standing (on a uniform). Maybe it'll be $10 to do it, but well worth getting the measurements and alterations done in person.

I had one pair of pants from Orvis finished this way and I rather like it. I think it is a better look (in general) than a hem to the boot sole, that ends up being bunched and wrinkled, or the "high water" look.

Also, remember the trousers have a large military hem, so having a few extra inches of material will help in achieving an accurate hem.

Sean

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back