2021 Indiana Jones Costume and Gear Info

So I bought the advintage hat, the shirt pants & bag from What Price Glory. For the Wested Legacy jacket, which looks better in your guys' opinion, raiders or last crusade? I didn't realize the raider's jacket was that dark.

I always loved (and still do) Raiders. But that jacket is very short. So short, that I feel mine looks odd, since the pockets are precise to screen caps but the length is longer. Mine should be two inches (or more) shorter in the body. I considered sending mine back to have another made a better length. But the cost is too much now.

Note Wested considered this when they offered a commercial version of the jacket- body length is “short”, but not screen-accurate short, because it would make you into a muffin top if you wear pants at your hips.

Just something to consider as the screen jacket ends at the waist, not the hip. I think they jokingly called it “the bell boy jacket” because it would look completely ridiculous with pants worn lower than the waist.

It was done to clear the gun belt and whip and does not translate to wearing the pants around your knees...

But I still feel mine should be shorter. A bit

I always loved (and still do) Raiders. But that jacket is very short. So short, that I feel mine looks odd, since the pockets are precise to screen caps but the length is longer. Mine should be two inches (or more) shorter in the body. I considered sending mine back to have another made a better length. But the cost is too much now.

Note Wested considered this when they offered a commercial version of the jacket- body length is “short”, but not screen-accurate short, because it would make you into a muffin top if you wear pants at your hips.

Just something to consider as the screen jacket ends at the waist, not the hip. I think they jokingly called it “the bell boy jacket” because it would look completely ridiculous with pants worn lower than the waist.

It was done to clear the gun belt and whip and does not translate to wearing the pants around your knees...

But I still feel mine should be shorter. A bit
So which one would you recommend then? I'm assuming you infered the last crusade jacket

Raiders all the way.

Peter will alter the existing pattern any way you want. I was just pointing out the screen Raiders jacket is very short.

That’s just me. You should go for what you like best of course.

As far as I know Wested is still in business and has proudly carried on Peter's work so you should have no problem with any custom orders from the company.

I just realized. Being 5' 6.5", perhaps the jacket will be long enough? Thoughts?
Depends on how long your torso is. The best thing to do is to visit a tailor and have proper measurements taken. The more info you can give Wested the better. You wouldn't want to invest that much in a jacket only to have it fit poorly.

If you haven't been over to COW yet, there's tons of "I'm x feet tall, does this jacket make my butt look big?" type posts there. Not sure how many with the legacy jacket in particular yet?

If you haven't been over to COW yet, there's tons of "I'm x feet tall, does this jacket make my butt look big?" type posts there. Not sure how many with the legacy jacket in particular yet?
This is so true.

I've been an Indy fan for a long time, the general advice I feel, makes the jackets a bit short for day to day wear, You can live with a slightly too long jacket, but you will hate one that is too short.

The Indy jacket is a very good day to day jacket, it's very comfortable and has loads of pockets, it's unlike most film inspired jackets you can get, though I have just bought a Barbour Skyfall and that may be pretty practical too.

The ones in the films do seem to vary a little, and they are a bit looser fit than we imagine too. Allow yourself a little room and overspec the length on the sleeves, you can always get the sleeves shortened, but lengthening is virtually impossible.

This is so true.

I've been an Indy fan for a long time, the general advice I feel, makes the jackets a bit short for day to day wear, You can live with a slightly too long jacket, but you will hate one that is too short.

The Indy jacket is a very good day to day jacket, it's very comfortable and has loads of pockets, it's unlike most film inspired jackets you can get, though I have just bought a Barbour Skyfall and that may be pretty practical too.

The ones in the films do seem to vary a little, and they are a bit looser fit than we imagine too. Allow yourself a little room and overspec the length on the sleeves, you can always get the sleeves shortened, but lengthening is virtually impossible.
Exactly! ANY of the models are gonna be a little off-putting at first. Just the basic general design of the jacket with a short length and longer sleeves kind of throws you off, especially if you are not used to wearing short jackets. I'm not exactly svelte myself anymore and am getting too big in the middle for it to look decent if I don't do something soon.

I think “COW” is the site I used to frequent. What is the proper name/address please? I’ll pop over and see if I can find my old posts...

I thought my yer name was J!m, but either it isn’t or my account has been wiped.

I emailed the admin for help.

So my What Price Glory Pants and Shirt were too big on me. I just sent them back for a refund. I think I will go for the Wested shirt and pants then. I'm still torn on where to get the whip holder, holster & belt. Would Todd's Costume's be good?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back