2019 SECRET SANTA THREAD - Registration CLOSED

My guy hasn't posted, but I think it's just because he's almost never on here. He listed Blade Runner and Star Wars as his top two interests so I made him a fun mashup lightsaber that I'm sure he'll enjoy. Its 3D printed plus a few resin cast parts for the amber bits.

Here you go!

JGY3OA6.jpg

sZGtA3Q.jpg

t6fbl8q.jpg

HHkIFRQ.jpg

np5DGge.jpg

Qwwad06.jpg

Looks like my recipient received mine so here’s a pic i took before i sent it off. Its an architectural model of the OCP headquarters from Robocop:

I also did a quick write-up on the build process with more pics over here:

That's fantastic; love architectural models in general!

Count me among those bad about posting pics of their gifts; I insist on doing them in studio and by the time I get a chance, the thread is locked!

So here, in guilty order, are 2017 ('Wild Wild West' 1/2 scale magnetic collar [other bits I added]) ...

RPF-SS'17-www_lot-LO_RES.jpg

2018 (007 collection including 3D printed logotype) ...

RPF-SS'18-bond_lot-LO_RES.jpg

And 2019 ...

RPF-SS'19-nautilus-LO_RES.jpg

OK, so no hard feelings but my recipient has been on the rpf at least twice that I know of since his last post here, and he hasn't said a thing, positive or negative or any which way about it, so I am gonna post some pictures of what I gave him. I am very happy with it. I sculpted it out of apoxy sculpt, and then painted it and sealed it. It is a Star Wars pin-girl I referenced from an artist's work on devientart.com. I didn't have time to contact the artist but I only made one, it was not for profit and I don't intend to make any more... and I modified it slightly so I think I'm safe there. But here it is:
20191217_173501.jpg
20191218_005550.jpg

Allow me to briefly recap what a whirlwind of a holiday I had and to share a story with all of you of why I adore being part of this community so much.

I was unable to get out of town to see my family for the holidays for the first time in a long time and spent the holiday season alone. Then on Christmas Eve, I tragically lost a friend of 17 years, who was involved in a hit and run while on the sidewalk walking her two dogs. Needless to say anything I had going on in my life sort of got put on hold while I dealt with the events unfolding. The vehicle was eventually found abandoned and the driver was identified but is currently on the run from police.

Now, onto the one highlight and bright spot in my otherwise abysmal holiday season. I received a mysterious package on my porch and hadn't a clue where it could be from but the senders name seemed familiar to me for some reason and I couldn't quite place it. With everything happening at the time of it's arrival I had put the package aside to focus on more pressing matters.

After sometime needed for healing and working through the busy holiday season I finally was able to revisit the mysterious package that had arrived. The name still stood out to me, until I realize it was because it was Gryphon37, who I was Secret Santa to in 2017. I was confused as to why I was receiving a package from him this year as, I was unfortunately too late to sign up for either of the Secret Santa's this year.

As it turns out, Gryphon37 saw my post and proceeded to reach out to Michael Bergeron to get my shipping address so that he could send me a gift. It was a truly amazing, generous, and kind act for both of them to work together to grant me such a surprise. And I seriously can not tell you how much it truly meant to me that someone went out of their way like this. Especially during the difficult holiday I was experiencing. Thank you both so much. It was a wonderful gesture.

As previously shown by his official/actual Secret Santa recipient, Gryphon37 created and built a very unique item that shows "Proof that Tony Stark has a spleen"

While my version was not as massively destroyed at the original recipients' the box it arrived it was a bit beat up and the item inside was detached from it's base a little glue reapplied and it was back to normal and looking as awesome as it was intended to be. Thank you again Gryphon37 it honestly brought light to an otherwise dark holiday season for me. I am truly proud and honored to be included and to be a part of such a talented, generous and thoughtful group of individuals.

Now, I'd be remiss if I didn't say that, I feel slightly guilty that I received this awesome gift and that Gryphon37's actual Secret Santa's gift was destroyed by the postal service before arriving to him. With that being said, as much as I enjoy this gift, I feel that I should pass along the intact version I received to Gryphon37's actual Secret Santa. Unlike me, he signed up on time and his gift was destroyed. If he is interested in receiving my intact version please have him message me and we can arrange where I can ship it too.

Again I can not thank you enough Gryphon37 for your kindness and thoughtfulness, it is a gesture I will not soon forget. You are truly a great person as is Michael for his assistance.

Happy Holidays to both of you and to the rest of the wonderful RPF Community.

-Ash

View attachment 1245649View attachment 1245647View attachment 1245648View attachment 1245646

I'm really sorry to find out about the holiday you've had, but I'm happy to hear that I was able to brighten it just a little. I forgot to take a picture of the tracking number, so I was starting to worry that this one was also lost or destroyed when I didn't hear back! I'm glad it arrived mostly intact, and was easily reattached to the base. I have no problems with you sending it to Zombie Killer, but from my conversations with both of you, I'm predicting its going to be one of those "You should have it." "No you should have it!" conversations, lol. If you do convince him to take it, make sure to pack it much better than I did before shipping!

Unfortunately, I missed the deadline this year. Luckily, I was contacted by one of our members who also missed the deadline. I'd like to share my gift.

image2 6.15.20 PM.jpeg

As you can see, It's the Oceanic Repellent Bat Sprays (and a display) from the 1966 Batman Movie starring Adam West and Burt Ward. As a huge Adam West fan, I am thrilled to add these to my collection. Wonderful craftsmanship, the letterings even have the white border around the red letters (sorry, I couldn't get this to show up in any photos for some reason). Hopefully, I will not find myself needing to use them anytime this year.

Thanks Santa, I don't know if you want to remain secret.

Hey all! I’m still alive. Hubby and a friend and I just opened a Viking themed meadery - soft openings right before Xmas, with grand opening a little over a week ago — and that’s occupied most of my brain. Anyway! Goodies! I couldn’t read the autograph on my note tho. Thank you Santa!
263399ED-440A-4349-A996-B62076F4E3F3.jpeg

40980ED2-F23B-4E53-88AF-484B5A5C2C1F.jpeg

1EE790A1-DB1E-4207-905E-2E46936FEDCA.jpeg

18C06F46-253F-497B-91A2-9D4963947AF9.jpeg

Thank you to my ss I love my present I deeply apologise for not posting sooner but I have had two major bereavements in the family over the Christmas period and I havent been on here at all, I gave my present to my son with a note to help him with his loss

So sorry to hear. My condolences to you and your family.

Thank you to my ss I love my present I deeply apologise for not posting sooner but I have had two major bereavements in the family over the Christmas period and I havent been on here at all, I gave my present to my son with a note to help him with his loss
Sorry for your loss

Just wanted to let everyone know that the last two people waiting are in the process of being taken care of by their original SS's. No deadbeats this year it seems just a couple very tardy gifts! As such, I will be asking that this thread be unstuck later this week.

On a side note, gabevt contacted me and as a thank you offered very generously to send me one of his awesome lighted etched figures! I chose Order 66 Palpatine and wow, this thing is awesome. They come with a remote control, loads of different lighting options, and they're completely portable. They're a great size too! I'd be remiss if I didn't give him a plug so if you're interested in one head over to laserbrainstudio.etsy.com

He has loads there. :D

My guy hasn’t posted but, tbh, I don’t think he’s on here much. So, here’s what I made him. He said he liked the Vex from Destiny 2, so I made him this bust that can hang on the wall. It’s all made of foam and metallic fabric and then airbrushed and hand painted. It was a lot of fun to make and I hope he likes it.

Attachments

• 5878E449-6421-4AE7-A406-B181B37D5B38.jpeg
    5878E449-6421-4AE7-A406-B181B37D5B38.jpeg
    648.4 KB · Views: 109
  • 3F07324B-476A-4444-ACAF-33123FB84242.jpeg
    3F07324B-476A-4444-ACAF-33123FB84242.jpeg
    537.4 KB · Views: 111
  • 14D2458C-23BC-4A0F-B130-5E39D46AC8C2.jpeg
    14D2458C-23BC-4A0F-B130-5E39D46AC8C2.jpeg
    589.3 KB · Views: 102
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back