2019 SECRET SANTA THREAD - Registration CLOSED

My guy has been on the RPF since he received my gift but hasn't made any comment about it. It sucks that some people don't seem to take this seriously. I really enjoy this community and the SS here is my favorite holiday tradition. If he hasn't commented on it by Friday I will post a picture of it. I am really proud of what I made. it's a one-of-a-kind sculpture I made with apoxy sculpt and then painted.

My guy has been on the RPF since he received my gift but hasn't made any comment about it. It sucks that some people don't seem to take this seriously. I really enjoy this community and the SS here is my favorite holiday tradition. If he hasn't commented on it by Friday I will post a picture of it. I am really proud of what I made. it's a one-of-a-kind sculpture I made with apoxy sculpt and then painted.
lol, dont feel bad, mine posted in this thread after i listed what i gave him, no comment at all about his gifts. I even wrap each one in christmas paper.

Good morning RPF! Sorry for my delayed response as my computer was acting up over the holidays, I want to give a big shout out to my Secret Santa because they really got me this year. I got a kick out of the wrapping and posters right off the bat as I opened my package. The psychedelic Dr. Strange poster was especially cool. Then I got to unwrap the smaller packages included. The Jim Henson Funko Pop made my day, I already have a spot in my office for him! I also got this Iron Man Yatzee game...... I have no idea how to play yatzee but it would make a fun shelf tchotchke.

Thanks SS!

Attachments

• Attach0.jpg
    Attach0.jpg
    538.6 KB · Views: 136
  • Attach0 (1).jpg
    Attach0 (1).jpg
    280.2 KB · Views: 160
  • Attach0 (2).jpg
    Attach0 (2).jpg
    252 KB · Views: 165
Seems mine has been sitting in the hall unopened for a few weeks now, I didn't even notice it in with all the other mail!
I'll fire a pic up when I have a chance; my Santa drew me an epic Claptrap from Borderlands.
Thanks, Santa!

Ahhh what the hell, my recipient hasnt posted about their gifts in 5 years so unlikely to start now. Here are some pics showing all the very hard work I went through to make my gift...lol ;) See at what point you can tell what it is.

20191112_135917-747x1328.jpg

20191119_142028-747x1328.jpg

20191113_120038-747x1328.jpg

20191112_135920-747x1328.jpg

PhotoPictureResizer_200106_204314976_crop_1096x2803.jpg

20191118_111818-747x1328.jpg

PhotoPictureResizer_200106_204650373_crop_2035x1809.jpg

And incase you havent guessed..... You'll have to get it back from Yoda if you want one....hehe. Its all aluminium with an acrylic tip with an ultra bright led and a latching switch in the bottom to operate.

20191202_134109-747x1328.jpg

20191202_134059-747x1328.jpg

I didnt put any disassembly instructions in with it so they'll have to work that out for themselves.

Ahhh what the hell, my recipient hasnt posted about their gifts in 5 years so unlikely to start now. Here are some pics showing all the very hard work I went through to make my gift...lol ;) See at what point you can tell what it is.
Are you serious , 5 years participating and not one word? Maybe there should be a naughty list for next year. Those on the naughty list cant join in until the following year. Sorry to sound like a party pooper but thats pathetic. People go out of their way to make or buy a gift and not even a comment from the recipient. It takes no more then a couple mins to snap a pic with your phone and say, "look what i got, Thank you"

Last edited:

View attachment 1244389

View attachment 1244390

View attachment 1244387

View attachment 1244388

View attachment 1244392

View attachment 1244393

View attachment 1244394

And incase you havent guessed..... You'll have to get it back from Yoda if you want one....hehe. Its all aluminium with an acrylic tip with an ultra bright led and a latching switch in the bottom to operate.

View attachment 1244395

View attachment 1244396

I didnt put any disassembly instructions in with it so they'll have to work that out for themselves.
Awww! I'm gonna need that to get out of this slimy mudhole!!

(Though seriously, your pictures kept triggering subconscious memories - I'm glad I eventually recognized it, or it would have driven me crazy! Amazing work!)

My gift finally arrived last night! I was starting to get anxious that it had been lost in the post!
Oh My Goodness Gracious Me!

I felt like Indiana himself when I opened my very own Grail Diary! Holy moly this is something I've had on my wishlist for a looooong time! The effort and detail are simply Amazing!

I don't know who you are Secret Santa but thank you so, so much!

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg

I just ant to let my Santa Know I loved my gifts. A bad cold hs hit the house making pictures difficult. Will share what I got when I get pics up. The Epicness NEEDS Pictures!!!

Glad to hear that you liked the gifts! Sorry to hear about the cold, I know how that goes, so no worries about the lack of pictures.

My gift finally arrived last night! I was starting to get anxious that it had been lost in the post!
Oh My Goodness Gracious Me!

I felt like Indiana himself when I opened my very own Grail Diary! Holy moly this is something I've had on my wishlist for a looooong time! The effort and detail are simply Amazing!

I don't know who you are Secret Santa but thank you so, so much!

View attachment 1244517View attachment 1244518View attachment 1244519View attachment 1244520View attachment 1244521View attachment 1244522View attachment 1244523View attachment 1244524
Those grail diaries are AWESOME! I got one last year from my SS... It's my favorite thing I own. :D

Thank you to NCHammer for the two replica gifts I received this year. They've made a great addition to my Middle Earth section in the display cabinet!

I got a hand drawn and weathered Thorin's map and a key to Erebor...but thats not all. Luckily, I do not have to wait until Durin's day to read the secrets on the map, as a handy black-light was also included. (i'm hoping the attached GIF will load, so you can see what appears)

Usually I would post a few photos sooner, however I've had to vanish for a few weeks to have a bit of brain surgery over the holidays, so only got home yesterday but am happy to say the surgeons did a very good job, better than expected actually :)

Map.jpeg
ezgif-7-5e2a0956c729.gif

Allow me to briefly recap what a whirlwind of a holiday I had and to share a story with all of you of why I adore being part of this community so much.

I was unable to get out of town to see my family for the holidays for the first time in a long time and spent the holiday season alone. Then on Christmas Eve, I tragically lost a friend of 17 years, who was involved in a hit and run while on the sidewalk walking her two dogs. Needless to say anything I had going on in my life sort of got put on hold while I dealt with the events unfolding. The vehicle was eventually found abandoned and the driver was identified but is currently on the run from police.

Now, onto the one highlight and bright spot in my otherwise abysmal holiday season. I received a mysterious package on my porch and hadn't a clue where it could be from but the senders name seemed familiar to me for some reason and I couldn't quite place it. With everything happening at the time of it's arrival I had put the package aside to focus on more pressing matters.

After sometime needed for healing and working through the busy holiday season I finally was able to revisit the mysterious package that had arrived. The name still stood out to me, until I realize it was because it was Gryphon37, who I was Secret Santa to in 2017. I was confused as to why I was receiving a package from him this year as, I was unfortunately too late to sign up for either of the Secret Santa's this year.

As it turns out, Gryphon37 saw my post and proceeded to reach out to Michael Bergeron to get my shipping address so that he could send me a gift. It was a truly amazing, generous, and kind act for both of them to work together to grant me such a surprise. And I seriously can not tell you how much it truly meant to me that someone went out of their way like this. Especially during the difficult holiday I was experiencing. Thank you both so much. It was a wonderful gesture.

As previously shown by his official/actual Secret Santa recipient, Gryphon37 created and built a very unique item that shows "Proof that Tony Stark has a spleen"

While my version was not as massively destroyed at the original recipients' the box it arrived it was a bit beat up and the item inside was detached from it's base a little glue reapplied and it was back to normal and looking as awesome as it was intended to be. Thank you again Gryphon37 it honestly brought light to an otherwise dark holiday season for me. I am truly proud and honored to be included and to be a part of such a talented, generous and thoughtful group of individuals.

Now, I'd be remiss if I didn't say that, I feel slightly guilty that I received this awesome gift and that Gryphon37's actual Secret Santa's gift was destroyed by the postal service before arriving to him. With that being said, as much as I enjoy this gift, I feel that I should pass along the intact version I received to Gryphon37's actual Secret Santa. Unlike me, he signed up on time and his gift was destroyed. If he is interested in receiving my intact version please have him message me and we can arrange where I can ship it too.

Again I can not thank you enough Gryphon37 for your kindness and thoughtfulness, it is a gesture I will not soon forget. You are truly a great person as is Michael for his assistance.

Happy Holidays to both of you and to the rest of the wonderful RPF Community.

-Ash

IMG_1553.JPGIMG_1554.JPGIMG_1555.JPGIMG_1556.JPG

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back