2012 Pittsburgh comicon Stan Lee and more

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Movie Talk' started by Wes R, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

Just got the flyer today and sadly i can't go but for those of you who do i thought i'd let you know that Stan'll be there again, which i think is yearly now but good luck getting to him, and Peter Mayhew will be there as well. I hope he's friendlier than the dude who played Vader when i was there last time. To my shock there are also a few other names of artists i know and makes me wish i could go.

2. jcoffman99

jcoffman99 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I went the last time Stan was there and they rushed us through so fast poor Stan couldn't even look up. I felt bad for the guy.

3. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

I haven't been there since i think 1998 and I swear everyone in line must have stayed at the hotel to get in line that fast. I'm saving up next year so i can get stuff before the con to have signed if i decide to go. It's also an excuse to get TPBs of stuff i want anyhow lol. Sadly half the time i don't recognize half these people who are guests anymore. I have one book signed by stan so that's better than nothing.

4. Bizarro Lois

Bizarro Lois Sr Member

I was actually just about to start a thread asking who's going!
    This is a yearly trip for my husband and I. I was going to make a new costume, but I don't really have the time/budget fot that right now so I'm going to reuse something. I'll either go as either Pearl Forrester, since I haven't worn it there yet, or my old favorite, Ma Hunkel. I'm helping my sister-in-law with a Golden Age Catwoman costume.
    I saw the crowd for Stan Lee and decided that I didn't want any part of that. I really should just bite the bullet someday, but I just hate standing in line, then paying that much to get stuff signed. We did see him at breakfast in the hotel last year. He looked exhausted.
    I'm working on a couple custom figures for the Make-A-Wish auction. I donated some last year and they went over well enough that I'm going to do it again.

5. jcoffman99

jcoffman99 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I hate how they have their website put together. They list all the names of everyone attending. It's too hard to weed through. They need to separate it by artists and celebrities. Looks like Peter Mayhew will be there.

6. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

I promise to try and make it in 2013. If i didn't owe my mom a fortune i'd have a ton of money to make it this time and it would give me an excuse to stop at north versailles to visit friends too. The one thing I hate is that i always have to rush to get the comics for the people coming half the time.
    I hope they're doing better than the anime convention this year, apparently it was horrid so half the anime fans might invade the comicon :lol

7. payton paison

payton paison Well-Known Member

Good point John.
    I'm trying to find out which day to go based who will be there and it's a pain to figure out.

8. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

Peter Mayhew will be. My dad still gets their paper flyer even though we haven't been there since 1998.

9. Bizarro Lois

Bizarro Lois Sr Member

So is anyone else going? Work and other things took up too much of my time to complete custom figures for the auction, but the Catwoman costume is done. So look for me walking around with her. I'll dressed as Pearl on Saturday and Ma Hunkel on Sunday.

10. Wes R

Wes R Legendary Member

Not going to make it this year (no shock I know). I hope to get there next year if for no other reason than an excuse to see my friends who live near there.

11. The BDK

The BDK Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I'll be there for a while Saturday, first time since '07.

12. Bizarro Lois

Bizarro Lois Sr Member

Cool, keep a look out for me(or let me know how to recognize you)!

13. Bizarro Lois

Bizarro Lois Sr Member

Well, I got to meet Stan Lee last night. Granted, it was just a brief handshake at the hotel bar, but I was still pretty much awestruck. I was afraid to ask for a picture, because he was with a handler, and Stan was getting ready to eat. I kind of doubt they're allowing photos outside the paid ops anyway.

14. Bizarro Lois

Bizarro Lois Sr Member