2001 USA Space Nuke

It's a little under 3ft, same (as best I can tell) as the original miniature. There is one concept artwork piece, and that lists it at 2' 10"

Love the scale...then again, all of those models in the movie were not "small";) Love how they re-used that design you see on the Eva Pod for the small set of reactors on the side.

Build phase is done (the RCS are missing in these pics), now on to paint!
43408566_10156806008203530_8152306119214104576_n.jpgIMG_E1179.JPGIMG_E1200.JPGIMG_E1203.JPGIMG_E1210.JPG

Fantastic work Lee!!!
It’s coming along nicely. The amount of time that you spend doing all that research is paying off. Keep up the great work.

View attachment 849641
Very nice work.
My advice is to replace the small plastic strips covering the cavities, and which are therefore unsupported, with metal versions. That styrene is going to become brittle over time and might even warp.

Hey,
Actually they are on top of some clear acrylic pieces, thus are supported :) It's all primered and base painted now, so it's more obvious.

L

Oh yes(y)thumbsup This should nicely complement my Space Station:D Start making molds Lee, start making molds;) Kidding aside: beautiful work and thanks to all who've provided inside info about all of the greeblies/pics needed to have made it happened!!

I sat for a few minutes and compared the photograph of the studio model and your replica, and the proportions of your model are dead on. Congratulations, you have created a masterpiece!

- - - Updated - - -

....... and Joberg is correct. His space station would look great together with your model.

To me--this makes more sense as a space to space attack platform.

Had the Starchild destroyed this--as one ending of the film intended--the audience might have been confused.

My head-canon of 2001 would have the orbital platforms we saw in the movie METEOR instead--those were obvious weapons.

I would have Buran type Moonraker shuttles entering Space Station V.

The Orion III shuttle and Hugo Drax's more futuristic Space station from Moonraker look a better match--with the early huge radiator Discovery
2100, a Space Odyssey

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back