2001 Space Station docking bay WIP

I thought you were building the Studio Scale Discovery main module in 1/6 scale...maybe I didn't understand. As for the casting, I'll have to study the feasibility of that one. Many pieces/greeblies may have to be molded separately and re-glued to the casting. Not as simple as to just pour silicone and voilà:(
OOhhh. Ok. I was building a tankage section at full studio scale, but i gave up at the point where i was ready to put the model kit parts on it. it was sold to a guy here on the forum. He may announce it (?) .

OOhhh. Ok. I was building a tankage section at full studio scale, but i gave up at the point where i was ready to put the model kit parts on it. it was sold to a guy here on the forum. He may announce it (?) .
O.k. I see. Would be fun to build;) Did you I.D. all of the greeblies on that tankage?

Finally, the panels/greeblies on the rim are done! Grey to blend...next the white;)

1624631613792.png

1624631634269.png

1624631668704.png

1624631691517.png

Thanks guys! The bay itself is another challenge for sure. I will try to respect (as far as I can see on the pics) the details and the spirit of it all;)

Joberg,
Delighted to see you kept a piece of your older project. It still looks good. This new one ....... the detailing is just great.

Joberg,
Delighted to see you kept a piece of your older project. It still looks good. This new one ....... the detailing is just great.
Thanks and, as you know, it helps to have detailed pics for your project;) Did you try to contact Mark Stetson?

Joberg,
I haven’t yet. I have an email address and his Facebook page and am an little apprehensive about it. Should I just send a message off? Nothing to lose, I suppose.
I was hoping that someone on the forum here would help me out but apparently they changed their mind.
The late Geoff Hutchinson’ s son Jamie (Ridleyville) has been very helpful with images of prop that has given me some detail. The museum of the moving Image in NewYork sent me some images (poor) but I don’t think they quite understand what detail reference studio scale modellers need in this instance.
I ’ve had an extraordinary year of good luck after years of searching for reference and would say I have about 85% of what I need and only a few small areas where some clarity would be great but I can get over that by building something close, if need be.
You’ll know from your own experience you have to spend an huge amount of time researching, contacting people, testing, drawing, mock ups, before you get to the final show. I love every bit of it .

I know these are similar difficulties to what you are facing here. Ever asked yourself why we go through this kind of “torture”? .

Apologies if I’ve probably gone on a little too much on your thread.

No apologies needed...I understand completely. Let me contact the people I know and see if they can put you in contact with Mark Stetson.
I'll send an email tonight;)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back