Some more details/panels/greeblies affixed to the face.
Thanks Markus; I'll have to redo the recessed "Radar Dishes" located at the right hand side (don't like the look, compared to the original).Wow! A big step: all the imperfections disappeared and the sheer beauty shines.
Thanks Adam and yes, I have your 2 books which were a great source of info and pics. 15" for sure. Maybe I should offer the face (with the side) only? Put it in silicone and mold it. The only downside would be the absence of the docking bay itself...Nice job buddy!
If my math is correct, it should be about 15" wide?
The prop under construction is in the 'Andrew Birkin" chapter of my book "2001: The lost science" volume 1
I should have you make one for me! I'm tooooo busy these days.
Thanks mate! Yes, the bay itself will have to be as close as possible (according to the pics I have) Some artistic liberties will have to be taken for the areas that are not as sharp or out of focus.joberg,
Fantastic job so far. The detail is great and I know you fretted a lot at the start trying to decipher the photo reference.
But you’re a seasoned hand at this and it was always going to turn out well.
i always thought it needed a little lighting, you know some fibre optic detailing to sell the scale. I know it’s ”not canon”, but what are your thoughts?
BTW. The pod in the back is a beauty.
I thought you were building the Studio Scale Discovery main module in 1/6 scale...maybe I didn't understand. As for the casting, I'll have to study the feasibility of that one. Many pieces/greeblies may have to be molded separately and re-glued to the casting. Not as simple as to just pour silicone and voilàYeah. i'd like a mold/casting of your model Joberg. I can do the docking bay and other small details pretty easy. PM me and we can talk details.!
I'm not sure which Discovery your talking about, but the Moebius one is finished. The Kaiyodo was rebuilt in the 'command sphere' area. i added a rudimentary interior through the front window. also the joints were redone - still airbrushing the outside and doing subtle artificial shadows. The expectation is that it will be 'Museum Quality' when finished. Maybe i'll post it when done. It's almost 6 feet long, so i work very slowly on it.