2001 Pod (Full Size)

Lee S

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
OK OK I'm not going to be making a full size pod (yet) :)
But sometime ago I thought about making the Panel on the from, where HALs 'eye' is.
There's a very good couple of close-ups just before Frank is killed and they give just about enough detail to figure it out.
Interestingly it seems they detailed up one of the pods just for that shot as it's slightly different than all the other times you see the pods.

I spotted a couple of pieces right away and then this weekend I went through all the 2001 known donors that I have (still need scans of the 1/40th Atomic Canon) and found a fair few more. Here's my progress and notes. If anyone can spot any of the missing pieces that would of course be handy!

BluRay_01.pngKit Parts v02.png

Damn buddy ..... don't you ever rest :p ...

Awesome pick of new project .... gonna keep a close eye on this one :)

(the need for me to get my ass to Vienna and visit you, just gets more and more obivious :) )

Another great project.
When you’re ready to build the full size unit my workshop is at your disposal Lee!

Awesome follow up!
... no wonder, I didn't recognized any of the parts: I've zero of the donors in my stash. Cheaper to stick to my Ma.K.
Will follow with interest!

Are you again going to make a small run of casts?

Thanks Scott!
Part F is indeed a dash and from the 1/40th Honest John. Small problem is that I'm missing that part from my kit for some reason.
Anyone have a Adams/UPC/LifeLike Honest John and won't be needing this part? I can beg, buy, trade for it :)

L
Screen Shot 2015-11-20 at 2.18.05 PM.png

- - - Updated - - -

Hey,
Not currently planning a casting run, but I'll pass on all info as I make it.
L

Awesome follow up!
... no wonder, I didn't recognized any of the parts: I've zero of the donors in my stash. Cheaper to stick to my Ma.K.
Will follow with interest!

Are you again going to make a small run of casts?

Great project you have there(how about the nuclear satellite from the same movie...any progress?) Eager to see what will transpire;)

The US Nuke is progressing :)
Currently finishing up some projects so my desk is clear (ish)

Hey all,
I've found a couple more pieces on the HAL panel, but there's one that's still a mystery. I found something very close from the old Airfix Mineral Wagon, but it's not the right piece.
Anyone have any idea what it might be?
HAL missing piece.png

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back