2001 Moonbus WIP

Thanks Neil...yes, I do remember on another discussion board the many kits that were identified on the model. Here it is in its dirty self. Lots to do still: the engines (6) the antenna and a few decals.
1583108856061.png

1583108893477.png
1583108939904.png

1583108974602.png

1583109030218.png

Thanks...btw, question for the RPFers. I would like to airbrush Molotow onto the turbine. Is it possible or should I add a diluent?

Thanks guys...just adding to my collection of props/models from 2001. I was wondering if someone has reproduced the metal key used to open the main access panel for HAL. Seems that I saw it here somewhere.

Thanks kevlar1983! Yes, it's mainly panels from Loews (white plastic ceiling panels) for the main body + shaping the nose by hand (using those same panels sandwiched together). Styrene details and various greeblies I've found in my private stash;)

"All emotion is the future"
Finishing a project has 2 emotions. being elated with the result. hour of just looking at it. and then the loss of the fun it's been every day making it.
So what I'm saying is. What's next on the list?
fantastic paint job.

"All emotion is the future"
Finishing a project has 2 emotions. being elated with the result. hour of just looking at it. and then the loss of the fun it's been every day making it.
So what I'm saying is. What's next on the list?
fantastic paint job.
Thank you so much; coming from a pro like you, it's an honor(y)(y):cool::cool::notworthy::notworthy:
I know that you've checked my 2001 Space Station V Landing Bay thread...so I'm going to film the Orion going into that bay very soon, just to see the camera's POV and the speed of entry + lighting.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back