2001 Discovery prop replica

satazius

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
No, it's an all new 3d printed 5 footer. Available now only as a built replica, but they say it will be released as a kit at some point. I inquired as to the cost of the pre-built a while back. VERY expensive. I'm sure the kit will be really pricy too, but it looks great.

star-art

Sr Member
From what I've read, the build-up is roughly $11,000 US and a kit, if and when it gets released, is supposed to be in the $400 range. The model is about 60 inches long.

satazius

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
It was 16K when I talked to them about it in February. So it's come down quit a bit :)
The kit would be a bargain at 400. Hopefully it's decent. The piping on the engine modules.... so nice.

NS4

Price is listed in the link from the OP:
$14,949.00 USD

Limited production run. Orders close September 30, 2019
Expected delivery December 2019.

I can't see how they would ask for less than 3% the cost of the finished one for the kit??...

mffanrodders

Discovery One is an icon and this a beautiful model.

Alas, I won’t be able to get one, but I’ll look forward to seeing in hand photos.

How would they ship something like this?

star-art

Sr Member
Again, just reporting what I recall hearing before, so I could definitely be wrong as nothing I heard was "official." I also suspect a lot of that piping is added for the custom build-ups so it might not be present in any kit that gets released.

Reactions: NS4

theprofessor

Last year, Kaiyodo were talking about doing this limited run, super expensive version but also a kit and built up replica that was much, much more modestly priced at around $1200 or so dollars (funny that's modestly priced that way but way better than $15,000). Wonder what the plans are for the kit and this other cheaper replica?

HobbyLink Japan

To clear up questions about shipping, we've recently updated the page to specify:

$14,949.00 USD
Price all inclusive.($14,326.00 USD + Shipping/Handling $623.00 USD)

Shipping will be by DHL (express courier with tracking), and shipping insurance is also included in the price!