2001 A Space Odyssey: USSC Discovery One.

danbking

Greetings one and all,

3 1/2 years ago, I started a paper modelling project of the Discovery from 2001 ASO. The model is designed by renowned paper model designer UHU02.
With many delays, mainly due to life getting in the way of my modelling, I finally finished the model a few months ago. I also designed and built a custom display case for the model with lighting, which I completed last weekend, completing the whole project. I am very pleased with the outcome!

The model is made entirely from paper, apart from an internal aluminium rod, to support the structural 'spine' of the ship.
The model measures in a just under 1,2m long. The Command Sphere is 13cm in diameter.

As this is my first proper posting here at The RPF, I thought it would be a good base point to share my achievement with you all.

I hope you enjoy!

General_649.JPGGeneral_648.JPGGeneral_647.JPGGeneral_646.JPGGeneral_645.JPGGeneral_644.JPG

Amazing looking, I've got some paper models to do but I don't have the temperament for it and am always impressed with folks who can.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back