Want to Buy 2001: A Space Odyssey - Discovery One Spaceship (simplified)

sambaker

Hello!

I'm looking for someone to give me a quote on how much it would cost to make a PDO Pepakura file of the Discovery One spaceship in the film 2001: A Space Odyssey.

2001-a-space-odyssey-screen2.jpg
As you can see in the above image, the big sphere have these circles that are doors. In a lot of images you'll see online; one of the doors are open, I would be fine with the model having all-closed doors.

More images for reference:
2001.jpg
tumblr_lk87zpXixA1qi4nyc.jpg
discovery.jpg
sideon.jpg

There's plenty more images easily available online if you need to see it at different angles. Again, this doesn't need to be detailed, the textures can be printed rather than physical pieces. Though, I would still like it to be recognisable, so not overly-simple, I guess it's all about finding perfect middle-ground.

In terms of size, the length, something around 60cm would be fine. Because it's very long and thin in the middle, the end pieces would need to support the middle, so that'd have to be taken into account.

I'd prefer if the main sphere's shape would be detailed. I've seen pepakura sphere's before and sometimes there's too many flat parts for it to look like a good sphere, so I don't mind having more pieces to make it a more smoother, rounder shape.

Another reference image:
2001Discovery.JPG

I've never requested a PDO/model before, so I'm not sure what other information to include, so please send me any questions and I'll do my best to give as much detail as I can. Message me on here but also private message me, in case I don't get an alert that there's been a reply here.

Thanks!
Sam