2001: A Space Odyssey/ Discovery EVA Suits WIP

Saw three of you walking through the con. You looked great. I was on the way to a friend's panel and couldn't stop you to say hi and compliment your work in person. I'm sorry I missed the chance. Haven't seen you in the halls since. I hope you had a great con.

Saw three of you walking through the con. You looked great. I was on the way to a friend's panel and couldn't stop you to say hi and compliment your work in person. I'm sorry I missed the chance. Haven't seen you in the halls since. I hope you had a great con.
Hard suit to wear for extended periods...stay tuned for more pics...

Some fitting picks prior to departure

Attachments

• Resized_20210829_124352.jpeg
    Resized_20210829_124352.jpeg
    470.5 KB · Views: 122
  • 20210829_184304.jpg
    20210829_184304.jpg
    972.1 KB · Views: 122
  • 20210830_222427.jpg
    20210830_222427.jpg
    1,016.1 KB · Views: 130
So...here's what didn't happen...
1. Vacuum formed, complex curve visors
2. Grey leg straps from the rescue harness
3. Magnets in the neck rings
4. Exhaust fans for the helmets (yes, I am aware that other cooling systems exist...just ran out of time to solve that problem)
5. I know no one sees them but better gloves!

Thanks to everyone that follows...we had a great time wearing them but it was a little punishing considering the circumstances. I'm completely committed to evolving these suits. These were a childhood dream and listening to my own breathing while wearing the green helmet wanting be on my way to Jupiter, and maybe shut down a psycho AI in the process, was pretty damned fun.

Excellent work and bravo for having tackled a very difficult job and putting that iconic suit together within the time frame.(y)(y):cool::cool::notworthy::notworthy:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back