$20 Hands

Blasturbator

Sr Member
Ok so heres how i painted my hands, low budget stuff and it looks decent.

First i bought a pait of "Monster hands" on ebay
IMG_2101.jpg

Then went to the craft store (Michael s) and bought acrylic paints and a small container of liquid latex.

Mixed 50/50 Latex with Acrylic and stir well on a plastic cup.
Get a brush and start painting the first coat, i started with lighter color that is base of the skin.

This is what mine looks like, depends mostly your pred skin color
DSCN1985.jpg

After that Let it dry, i uses a blow dryer to accelerate the process
Then proceeded to add the dark brown color, lightly pressing the brush so the glove textures can be seen

DSCN1987.jpg

Let it dry and then add Black if you want

Finished will look something like this, you can add more details if needed

DSCN1989.jpg

Its not perfect or something pro but hope this might help someone

Gloves = $2.00
Liquid latex = $15.00
Acrylics = $2.50
Brushes = free

Total = $19.50 WIN :p

IMG_2101.jpg

DSCN1985.jpg

DSCN1987.jpg

DSCN1989.jpg

just a headsup for you bud, you paid 15.00 for craft store latex....16 oz. looks like....you can get a gallon of rd407 mask latex from "monstermakers.com" for 35.00 plus shipping. I assume you are doing more than just a pair of hands , then you would have plenty of latex to finish your build at a little better price. better latex too. just alittle info to helpout and maybe save you alittle money. I know the initial layout is more but it could be cheaper in the end if you going for a whole suit.

They look nice. But you should get more details on them. When mine will arrive I'll start. For everyone info, the name of the gloves on ebay are "gost demon" gloves. I got mine for 0,10 USD :p

just a headsup for you bud, you paid 15.00 for craft store latex....16 oz. looks like....you can get a gallon of rd407 mask latex from "monstermakers.com" for 35.00 plus shipping. I assume you are doing more than just a pair of hands , then you would have plenty of latex to finish your build at a little better price. better latex too. just alittle info to helpout and maybe save you alittle money. I know the initial layout is more but it could be cheaper in the end if you going for a whole suit.
Thanks for the info :p

Actually, The Monster Makers also sells a latex paint base and other painting kits that are better formulated for painting on already-cast latex. I've used their paint base and tinting colors with success on previous masks that I've done. Their latex paint base is thinner and can be applied more easily than RD-407 casting latex. If you just buy the latex paint base, you can color it with other paint colors or tints from a craft store.

I didn't know that Michael's sold a latex paint base. I'm not sure how it would stretch and flex with a mask, but it could work out.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back