2 Male Rolls Royce balance pipes found

Jediseth

Sr Member
These are two male Rolls Royce balance pipes. I'm told they come off and MK 8/9. The aren't accurate being they don't have the correct amount of holes, but they are real and not a replica so I'm pretty excited about that. I wanted to ask if anyone out there has knowledge on how to make these more accurate. I have a lathe so I could easily turn down the one with a bigger lip on it. I'm not sure how to get the bevel on the inside where the holes are located. I don't know that I have a proper tool to turn and carve the bevel. If anyone knows how to do that or has done it on a male version I'd love to hear about it. Any input is greatly appreciated. I will be using one of the two balance pipes on an Obi real parts build until I find a better replacement. I'll probably sell the other if at some point depending on how things go.

CTTCPle.jpg

Zd7KM0c.jpg

Co3ywvJ.jpg

Hell, I’d use that to build a totally new, unique, one. I’d use one those balance pipes with the grenade section from AS Jedi hero with a GRAFLEX 3 cell lower. & maybe see about using an MPP clamp.
In any event, it’s a great find.

Hell, I’d use that to build a totally new, unique, one. I’d use one those balance pipes with the grenade section from AS Jedi hero with a GRAFLEX 3 cell lower. & maybe see about using an MPP clamp.
In any event, it’s a great find
I'm still trying to decide if I should keep both, I bought both because I never see anything vintage like this for sale outside this forum. I should think about making something cool out of one, it's a fun idea.

There are a male and a female for sale on ebay for quite some time now. I personally would not buy something like that but thought I can share in case others are interested and didn't see them yet.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back