2-1B Medical Droid, anybody been working on one?

swfan67

forttusken any more progress been made on this droid? I've always liked this droid since I first saw it in ESB. I was amazed by the fact that this droid had clear/translucent parts to it back when ESB first came out. I know that sounds a little silly,but that was my thoughts back in the day. LOL!!!

forttusken

I wil have some more pictures very soon and a video on youtube. I have been working on the electronics and drive system. I can currently run the droid with a wired Wii Nunchuck. The drive system is complete and I am working on getting the electronics in the head finished.

forttusken

P3040025.jpg

P3040024.jpg

January2009051.jpg

These are a few pictures from 2009 I will put some new ones up of the current state. I have it apart currently while I work on the electronics. I am working on reinforcing the head to make it more rubust to hold up on the animatronic droid better. I also added the actual microphone part with a speaker and it will have a IR distance sensor, the eyes have RGB LED's so the color can change to whatever is programmed. Inside the neck I am adding motion detectors so he can responds when someone walks by.

sgtdanz

I have been doing a little work on this bit by bit. I figure since the SW Science exhibit has been traveling the country perhaps some of you will have some insight into off the shelf parts or more pictures. I will be seeing it in October when it goes to Portland at OMSI.

I want to make mine have a moving head and arms so I am trying to solve the problems of having those parts move as well as attaching drive systems.

Here are some raw materials:
rawalum_21b.jpg

After searching high and low for a 6" swivel or lazy susan I fianlly decided to make my own neck rings out of 6" tubing. I machined an inset into each side and still need to figure out how to hold them together.
neckrings_21b.jpg

Some parts I will be using from the hardware store. I haven't found much but am always on the lookout. Most of this droid will have to be scratch built.
hdwrparts_21b.jpg

I have updated my webpage in the 2-1B section.
B65EA16E-DD38-4750-9310-D72057860B51.jpeg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.