Interest 2-1b head kit.....version 3

zorg

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Edit... Check post #24 for updated sculpt pics, the pics in this first post are quite different from where it is at now.

hello,

i have been getting requests for 2-1b head kits.

i need to make new molds but i thought i would update the head accuracy whilst i was doing it.

I need to invest hundreds of pounds(£) in silicone, resin, plastic and packaging to do a run of these.

if you are interested please state below so i can prioritise projects. if there is little interest i will work on other items instead.

YuN8bOS.jpg

and a finished head for example only (only kits for sale none finished)

6zBPyke.jpg

YQSuWV3.jpg

1eZjfz7.jpg

there is also a thread here where you can upgrade the resin neck ring to a machined aluminium one

Take care sir...........

Last edited:
I was going to ask if an option of a head without the resin mic installed would be a good idea.

Cutting the resin mic off CLEANLY is pretty tricky.

Maybe casting it without the mic might be more tricky. The area where the nose meets the mic has to be really really thin for a good fit.

Opinions please on what you think??

I was going to ask if an option of a head without the resin mic installed would be a good idea.

Cutting the resin mic off CLEANLY is pretty tricky.

Maybe casting it without the mic might be more tricky. The area where the nose meets the mic has to be really really thin for a good fit.

Opinions please on what you think??
Yes I’d really like one without the mic piece to allow for the real part to be installed.

Very interested! I would like to get one without the mic if it is an option but if not I would still buy one with a mic. :cool:

please remember fitting a real mic is not straight forward, you still have to cut/grind off the clamp at the bottom and shape it.

i will point out the changes later, but it will be almost every area of the main head part, neck and neck ring unchanged.

biggest change probably the nose, it needs bulked out, especially the bridge of the nose,

texture as well.

here is a customers head (sorry i can't remember who) this is the direction it will be going, more heavy texture in places and bulked out nose
sL6uuuI.jpg

congratulations on getting a new place, i'm not jealous at all :D

i've started on the rework today, it's going rather quickly.

concentrated mainly on the rear half, deleting the small line, adding filler, reshaping etc..

i'll update with some pics once i have something worth showing.

if anyone has any ideas or suggestions on what they would like to see on a casting please chime in.

or if you know of something that is "off" on the sculpt please say.

i think i will recess 4 holes on the sides of the front half for the little magnets i supply, so no need to drill out the resin cast ones, just plop in the magnets and you are done. the location of them is being moved to a more accurate location.

as for the other 4 pieces that go on the rear half, from experience i think the mold could get damaged easily so i will leave them off.
i had spikes on the ver.1 casts and they tore up the silicone trying to get the casts out.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back