1st P1 Paint up

Badgerhunter27

This is my P1 I got from termokk, and so far this is what I have got using spray paint's and a sponge and a scratch pad. Since this is my first time painting a bio I just thought I would get some feedback on what you think so far and any and all suggestions are welcome.

p1.JPG

p1_2.JPG

001.JPG

004.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright, I was having some frustrations with using aersol paints so I decided to switch and re-paint with acrylics and a different kind of sponge that I dampened with water and here is now my finished paint job. Depending on what angle you look at it from and what light really brings out defferent shades which is cool. Im not going to seal it yet b/c im not sure if I want to do alittle more or add some battle damage so for now its going to sit like this.

Final_p1___2.jpg

Final_p1.jpg

Looking good, you could try some drybrushing with greens and browns to give it a little more aging if you want, but if you like it where it is, then half the battle in getting a good paint up is knowing where to stop!

Yeah im really happy with how it looks right now, but its hard to just look at it and wonder if it could look better. And as far as using the greens and browns would you suggest going over the whole helmet with them or just in certain random spots?

Alright after some small problems with intalling the lenses I finally got them in, I decided to use a page out of darth pinhead's book and use velcro to put them in. I really like the look of the mirrored lense's so this way I can swap them out if I want to.

L1.JPG

L2.JPG

L3.JPG

I think it turned out great, brother! Hez is right, knowing when to stop is the biggest trick. Good to read someone else used my velcro idea...

I bought a tinted welding visor, it was only like 6 bucks and you cant get about 4-5 visors worth of material out of it in case you screw up a couple times like I did. Corey told me apoxy putty is the way to go for putting them in, but I had already got the velcro to work so I just stuck with that. And Darth the velcro def worked better then I thought it would. This way if for some reason I manage to scrap up my lense or as you said want to put diff ones in I can just pop them out.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back