1st likeness sculpt and clay/sculpting questions. Regan

Oh, if that's the look you are going for, then many of my suggestions really aren't very good. The puppet has a very bland, almost normal smiling look to it and no angry growling feral look at all. Am I right in assuming this puppet used the face cast done up as possessed Regan that's floating around eBay? If that's the case you should be able to find good pictures of that and work in the changes.

Still prefer your original piece to the puppet look. Yours had much more playful mean character built into it.

Update...moving ahead slowly...
image_zpsf38ccbbd.jpg

Last edited:
Looking good. I think the cuts should be a bit wider and more puckered at the edges. If you are using the above image for the cuts then half of it is obscured by Pazuzu's image. There are a lot of clearer pictures to use as reference.

Sorry to ressurect this old post, but I finally dug this back out and am trying to finish it. Here are some current progress pics. I decided to go with sculpted hair as this is a 1/2 scale bust.
I hope to have the bust finished and molded before the end of the month.

blocking in the hair.

Smoothing and lengthened the hair

And where I am today.

Im not quite sure where to go from here as far as the hair goes, figure I need to add more strands or texture and smooth more??

Just wanted to say how much I enjoy this piece and the work you've put into it.
You absolutely nailed the likeness.

I actually just say Linda Blair this past Saturday at the San Jose toyshow.
Crazy how she still looks like young Regan.
Id bet she'd love this.

Just wanted to say how much I enjoy this piece and the work you've put into it.
You absolutely nailed the likeness.

I actually just say Linda Blair this past Saturday at the San Jose toyshow.
Crazy how she still looks like young Regan.
Id bet she'd love this.
Thank you so much!
More hair work.

Necropost revival! Sorry to hi jack syborwolf, feel free to remove this post after you have got it, I've been trying to message you but don't know if you got them as I'm new on the forum. Are you able to message me, I have some questions about one of your pics that I need some advice with my own project :)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back